Automatically block IPs with too many requests?

dgiouz

Registered
Apr 28, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Currently, i am facing the following issues.
My site get scaned several times every day from price comparison services.
the point is that one of them, scan entire site (about 20k products) at once. this causing my server full load.

Is there a way to automatic block those ips? eg automatic block ips with more than xxx requests per second?

Has anybody face such an issue?

vacancy

Sep 20, 2012
Turkey
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You can use csf.

Connection tracking> IP addresses that send more requests than the number of connections you set with CT_LIMIT will be blocked.

Eminds

Nov 10, 2016
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Well by blocking those IPs , your site will not be scanned and displayed on the sites where the products of your website are being compared and displayed.

I believe this might be a set back for the website .. not sure how popular your website is ...

what server configuration you are using at the moment.

dgiouz

Registered
Apr 28, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Well by blocking those IPs , your site will not be scanned and displayed on the sites where the products of your website are being compared and displayed.

I believe this might be a set back for the website .. not sure how popular your website is ...

what server configuration you are using at the moment.
In fact, those are competitors, scaning the site. Price comparison sites, using the xml we provide, and thats working well without any issue

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

You can use CSF's connection tracking feature, as mentioned in the earlier post. Let us know if that helps.

Thank you.