The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automatically Install Shoutcast & Shoutcast Monitor

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by aexiHOSTING, Mar 27, 2004.

1. aexiHOSTING

aexiHOSTING Registered

Legal Stuff
    Everything Below (Excluding Shoutcast Itself) Has Been Custom Built By aexiHOSTING, Although we offer support for this product we cannot be held responsible for the affect it will have on your system

What is Shoutcast?
    SHOUTcast is Nullsoft's Free Winamp-based distributed streaming audio system. Thousands of broadcasters around the world are waiting for you to tune in and listen. Take a peek through the SHOUTcast directory (immediately listed below) to start browsing the most popular stations. Be sure to select your connection speed and then what kind of music you're looking for over on the right hand side for optimal listening pleasure. All you need is a player (we recommend Winamp) and you're set to go!

What is the Shoutcast Monitor?
    The shoutcast monitor is a custom built script by the team @ aexiHOSTING that enables the most novice user to be able to start, stop and view the status of a shoutcast installation on their server.

How does this script work?
    This script is only built to download and install shoutcast & Shoutcast Monitor into the /home/shoutcast directory.
    If you already have shoutcast installed and want to use the shoutcast monitor only, download the file from http://www.aexihosting.com/shoutcast/shoutcast and move it into your /usr/sbin directory. Make sure you edit the file and enter the correct directory information. For help with that, please reply to this post

How do I get installing?
    The installation is extremely easy, by following these steps below you can have a fully functional shoutcast installation running on your system.

#Download the file from our server
    wget http://www.aexihosting.com/shoutcast/shoutcast_installer

#Chmod the file
    chmod 755 shoutcast_installer

#Run the installation file, and follow the on screen instructions
    ./shoutcast_installer

How do I use the Shoutcast Monitor?
    The shoutcast monitor has been built so that it is extremely easy to use, all you need to do is login to your server under your root account and type "shoutcast" with the "'s.

The on-screen instructions will then guide you.

How do I get support
    We will only offer support for this script via this thread. No pm's, emails, IM's or any other form of communication will be responded to.

Have fun with this script guys!

2. server4sale

server4sale Member

not working at all
    cant even d/l

3. phatman

phatman Registered

404'ed!

That download has been burninated, it looks like. There doesn't even seem to be a hosting company, just a coming soon. :(

4. alphaonline

alphaonline Member

Cheap...

How cheap. This thread should be deleted.

5. cyberspirit

cyberspirit BANNED

yes, looks like they either just wanted to advertise their name or went up in dust. either way this is a waste of our time here and baaaaaaad publicity for them!

6. Your joking right?,

The reason it was removed was because of the new shoutcast version that was released so there was no point in keeping our old one available.

We will be releasing a different script very soon, but it will be nothing like shoutcast.

I especially dont appreciate the comments, we take our time to produce a script for you and let people use it for a while, then you moan to hell when it becomes unavailable.

7. server4sale

server4sale Member

ya except u r replying this after 3 month

8. And thats got what to do with anything?

Its people like you that make coders not release programs they publish.

You expect everything, and when you dont get it you moan.

You want to moan about someones script not being available, then write your own first!

9. cyberspirit

cyberspirit BANNED

aexiHOSTING,
    You are completely wrong. First you join this forum only to advertise your solution. Obviously you had interest to offer your other services people would see by going to your site. Then what you offer (whether free or not) is not even available. So people who want to take you up on your offer complain - and they should. If someone says they are going to do something and then they don't people have a right to complain - whether that offer is free or not.
    If a friend of mine promises me to help me out and then just does not show up - believe me, I will complain.
    So my question to you is, what have you done so far on this cpanel board to give to the community? So far all I have seen is one offer that never happened and several posts attacking others who complained about your "empty" offer.
    So once you start actually giving input and helping others then you have a right to point finger. Until then I highly suggest to follow through on your word and offers and keep a low profile about shifting the blame!

10. abusedreality

abusedreality Well-Known Member

That may be true, but comments like...

Are not complaining, there just slagging off someone elses service