Automaticly create webhosting accounts

r3n3gad3

Apr 5, 2004
Hey is there a script that can automaticly create webhosting accounts for my clients?

Lets say client1 buy's webhosting pakage 1, the system has to make an account for him and e-mail his loggin stuff. It also has to inform me ofcourse ;)

Is there such an script?

justahost

Sep 3, 2003
Originally posted by r3n3gad3
Hey is there a script that can automaticly create webhosting accounts for my clients?

Lets say client1 buy's webhosting pakage 1, the system has to make an account for him and e-mail his loggin stuff. It also has to inform me ofcourse ;)

Is there such an script?

its possible to do although not advisable at a guess.
I did it using the docs from this site and the remote access hash thing - all in php

once somebody finds the path to the create routines, you are wide open to spammers and anyone after a free account.

Ry

r3n3gad3

Apr 5, 2004
Re: Re: Automaticly create webhosting accounts

Originally posted by justahost
its possible to do although not advisable at a guess.
I did it using the docs from this site and the remote access hash thing - all in php

once somebody finds the path to the create routines, you are wide open to spammers and anyone after a free account.

Ry
I still want to push the button that will activate his account :p

justahost

Sep 3, 2003
in that case, look at the accounting.inc files, use a front end form to set up the variables and away you go. I will have a dig about and see if I have the script on me drive somewhere!

ry

r3n3gad3

Apr 5, 2004
Originally posted by justahost
in that case, look at the accounting.inc files, use a front end form to set up the variables and away you go. I will have a dig about and see if I have the script on me drive somewhere!

ry
a thnx :D

SarcNBit

Oct 14, 2003
Originally posted by r3n3gad3

Is there such an script?
Modern Bill and WHM AutoPilot can do what you are looking for. Of course they are both commercial applications.

trumpetx

Apr 3, 2004
I can't believe that this is not a feature that cPanel has built in... it seems to me this would be the first thing any webmaster looks for!?!?!

Maybe I made a mistake going with cPanel, ugh...

dhrx

Jan 22, 2003
Cpanel is a control panel not a all in one like Billing system. Many webmasters wouldnt like this either

Dan

Originally posted by trumpetx
I can't believe that this is not a feature that cPanel has built in... it seems to me this would be the first thing any webmaster looks for!?!?!

Maybe I made a mistake going with cPanel, ugh...

trumpetx

Apr 3, 2004
i dont believe the poster wanted a billing system, i think they just wanted a way to automate the creation of an account... i.e. program a custom billing system, pay for one, it is irelivent -- rather use a command line tool (to be called by Perl, Python, or PHP) to create a user. cPanel uses scripts for everything, I'm sure there is a command line way to create a user, but it is just undocumented. i URGE cPanel to document this. As of now I'm working on a hack to allow this, when i get done, i'll freely distribute it.

soemthing like

$> cP-createaccount Username Password Email Package

I mean, it's not brain surgery - I'm just shocked it has not been provided yet.

r3n3gad3

Apr 5, 2004
Originally posted by trumpetx
i dont believe the poster wanted a billing system, i think they just wanted a way to automate the creation of an account... i.e. program a custom billing system, pay for one, it is irelivent -- rather use a command line tool (to be called by Perl, Python, or PHP) to create a user. cPanel uses scripts for everything, I'm sure there is a command line way to create a user, but it is just undocumented. i URGE cPanel to document this. As of now I'm working on a hack to allow this, when i get done, i'll freely distribute it.

soemthing like

$> cP-createaccount Username Password Email Package

I mean, it's not brain surgery - I'm just shocked it has not been provided yet.
I have found something like that today :)

#!/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php

<?php
require '/usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Accounting.php.inc';
$host = "localhost";
$user = "<USERNAME HERE>";
$accesshash = '<REMOTE ACCESS KEY HERE>';

$accts = listaccts($host,$user,$accesshash,0);
print_r($accts);
$pkgs = listpkgs($host,$user,$accesshash,0);
print_r($pkgs);

?>

All explaned right here
http://www.cpanel.net/docs/whm/UsingCpanelAccountingPhpModule.htm :D

trumpetx

Apr 3, 2004
you are a true stud... i was getting tired of figuring out wich ARGV[X] was which :)

I'll take a look when i get done with Job #1 :)
--------------
Edit:
--------------
ok - it works great! However you can't add the contact email address to it, anyone figured out how to add that w/out the control panel? if that's the only thing that it doesnt do, i'm not worried, but would be nice to completely automate it.

Last edited:

r3n3gad3

Apr 5, 2004
Originally posted by storkkel
I now have the demo online http://www.torks.net/wham/

username: demo
password: demo

Tell me what you think or some possible improvements.

Steve
Cool! :D I got a couple of javascript errors but who cares.

Could you build in a domain system to, maybe handy its already nice tough :)

Is it freeware if it is were can I download it?

storkkel

Mar 19, 2004
Thunder Bay, ON
I havent decided if im going to make it freeware or charge for support or instalation of the script. as for the domain system i plan to include it in the next update along with a trouble ticket system.

Steve

trumpetx

Apr 3, 2004
Very nice, i'm impressed!

If you GPL it I can offer coding support (I have extensive experience with mySQL + PHP) My javascript is soso, i noticed you had some javascript errors (IE 6.0)

r3n3gad3

Apr 5, 2004
Originally posted by storkkel
I havent decided if im going to make it freeware or charge for support or instalation of the script. as for the domain system i plan to include it in the next update along with a trouble ticket system.

Steve
were can I get it?:confused:

storkkel

Mar 19, 2004
Thunder Bay, ON
Right now i do not have the time to support the program because i am going overseas in 1 month with the military. So im am willing to sell the rights to the code or just sell individual copies with no support for $15 USD. I wish i had the time to fully develop this program as I see there is great potential in it.

Steve
[email protected]