The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automating Account Creation: Shell Script? PHP Script?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RangerWest, Jul 12, 2003.

1. RangerWest

RangerWest Registered

I'm looking to write, borrow, or buy a shell script or php script or perl script which automatically creates accounts when called from the command line or from another program.

If I'm to write it, where should I look? Has anyone done this? Is there a cpanel API I could look at?

Ideally, I'd like to integrate it with modernbill, so that when an account is created in cpanel, a corresponding account is also created in modernbill.

I have a few thousand accounts I'm hosting on my own, and I would like to host them all on a cpanel server.

Any help would be great--I'm willing to write this, or borrow or buy it wif someone else has.

Thank you very much!

Ranger

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Kyle

Kyle Member

When I used modernbill a while back it already had this support built in, although it was a PITA to get it working right. In WHM there is an access hash option for programs like this.

3. Brownie

Brownie Well-Known Member

have a look in /usr/local/cpanel

there is a perl and php api in there somewhere, although I no longer have access to a cpanel server so it might have changed!