The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automation via bash script (mysql creation)

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by fergusweb, Sep 24, 2010.

1. fergusweb

fergusweb Registered

Sep 24, 2010

I've been trying to write a bash script to automate our site deployments. I've got it fetching our compressed file, extracting it to the right location, and setting file permissions/ownership. I also need to set up a MySQL database & user via the script, which is where I'm having some trouble.

I've got it creating a databse & user, which then appear in the cpanel account for that user. So that part is great. But I can't seem to grant permissions.

sudo mysql --user=${MYSQL_USER} --password=${MYSQL_PASS} --execute="create database $DB_NAME"
    sudo mysql --user=${MYSQL_USER} --password=${MYSQL_PASS} --execute="CREATE USER '$DB_USER' IDENTIFIED BY '$DB_PASS'"
    sudo mysql --user=${MYSQL_USER} --password=${MYSQL_PASS} --execute="GRANT ALL ON ${DB_NAME}.* TO '$DB_USER'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '$DB_PASS'"
    sudo mysql --user=${MYSQL_USER} --password=${MYSQL_PASS} --execute="FLUSH PRIVILEGES"
    Can anyone tell me how I would grant my new user full privs on my new DB, and have that be reflected in cpanel? My level of experience here is pretty low.