The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Autoresponder cc

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by simeon, Feb 8, 2006.

1. simeon

simeon Registered

Is this possible?

I had a client today ask me to be cc'd on all autoresponses. If its not possible, what possible workaround should I consider?

Thank you.

Simon

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Do you want to CC the responses or the original email? If the original email:

Simplest way would be to setup a Forwarder that delivers to any/all recipients that you want then setup the autoresponder with the same name.

3. simeon

simeon Registered

Hi, thanks for the response.

Looking for a cc on the autoresponse (so the autoresponse is sent both to the original sender, as well as someone else), not the message sent . I'd never heard of anyone ask for that before, but see on searching that there are some products that will do it.

Any way to do it with cpanel?

Thanks.

Simon

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

That is odd ;)

You'd have to modify the autoresponder code, which I think is closed-source on the cPanel provided one - just checked and it is encoded. So, it would appear that to achieve that they (or you) would need to source a different autoresponder script that can be modified to meet that requirement. It could be coded moderately easily enough by someone familiar with email piping, but a precoded solution might be better.

Have a search for autoresponder over at www.hotscripts.com might bring you closer.