The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

autoresponder / client emailed me this

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by chadi, Jun 7, 2004.

1. chadi

chadi BANNED

I'm not 100% sure what this potential customer is asking here but please help:

This is the email:

Hello. I need a dedicated server, that will allow opt-in email autoresponder. The autoresponder that I need has the following requirements:
    "Unix Operating system (linux/FreeBSD)
    Perl5 Interpreter
    SendMail
    LWP::Simple module: You need this for script set up process
    Disk space: After a fresh installation Follow up autoresponder Pro ADVANCED need Less than 1/2 MB of space. After that how much the script needs depends on your number of autoresponders, attachments, subscribers etc.
    You need ONE Email forwarder to work with email un/subscriptions. Ask your host: Can I pipe emails to a cgi script? How?
    nslookup installed on your server for identifying Bounced Emails. This will be installed by your host. Usually all hosts have this installed on their servers
    Cron (Optional. Read the explanation above under 'Follow Up emails: How they go?')
    Limitations with some hosts: All features may not be work for you based on your host server configuration. For example Yahoo! web hosting doesn't have LWP::Simple module or email piping feature. So ask your host about all above requirements before purchasing. "

2. chadi

chadi BANNED

can someone please help me here

3. mickalo

mickalo Well-Known Member

if your referring to,... "Can I install this on my server". and this a 3rd party software, you shouldn't have any problems setting it up... all the requirments are fairly standard with Perl.

Mickalo