The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Autoresponder Logged

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tom Pyles, May 12, 2003.

1. Tom Pyles

Tom Pyles Well-Known Member

I have a client that set up an auto-responder thinking he would get the mail...he did not have a mailbox or a forwarder set up..auto responder works, but he never received the mail.

We have that issue resolved, however, he would like to recover the addresses that the autoresponder has gone out to. I've gone through our exim mainlog, and I see references to his autoresponder, but it doesn't tell who its going out to. Is there a way to recover those addresses, or could somebody clarify where those would be logged at.

2. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    They should show in exim_mainlog

look for the <= (outgoing address)

3. Tom Pyles

David,
    Thanks for the very fast response, but no go. I show where the autoresponder was triggered but do not see an address that it went to. Here is a sample of what is in my log:

2003-05-12 17:56:37 19FLHh-0005XM-00 => |/usr/local/cpanel/bin/autorespond subscribe@clientdomain.com /home/username/.autorespond (subscribe@clientdomain.com) <subscribe@clientdomain.com> D=virtual_aliases_nostar T=virtual_address_pipe

2003-05-12 17:56:37 19FLHh-0005XM-00 Completed

I don't see anything else with the same message ID. It references the clients domain, but not where the mail went. Is there something I'm overlooking ;)

4. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Try this

grep for the message ID

19FLHh-0005XM-00

You should then see an in and out for it. Like this.

11:03:47 19BIPL-0002Nn-00 <= david@dgbaker.com H=toronto-hse-ppp3678380.sympatico.ca (david) [65.95.214.243] P=smtp S=951 id=MNEDLGPLEIMBHAPNAPPKKEKKCJAA.david@dgbaker.com
    11:03:47 19BIPL-0002Nn-00 => dns <dns@virtual-hosting.ca> D=virtual_sa_user T=virtual_sa_userdelivery
    11:03:47 19BIPL-0002Nn-00 => |/usr/local/cpanel/bin/autorespond dns@virtual-hosting.ca /home/virtual/.autorespond (dns@virtual-hosting.ca) <dns@virtual-hosting.ca> D=virtual_aliases_nostar T=virtual_address_pipe
    11:03:47 19BIPL-0002Nn-00 Completed

5. Tom Pyles

David,
    Thanks for the assistance...that narrows it down...from what I can tell, most were tests from their webmaster which isn't a big deal. There are a few in there that show the that it was sent to username@server.host.net showing the servername...from what you gave me, that could be part of the same message, but not all entries have it...

Thank You again!!!