Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

autoresponder mail capture

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by notechie, Oct 11, 2003.

1. notechie

notechie Registered

ok, a newbie here again, I just got cpanel and on my website i have a form wizard for mail (enter e-mail to sign up for newsletter) which uses trellix mailer (came with sitebuilder). It sends it through trellix and i get it as from: trellix mailer. The e-mail address of subscriber and name is located in the message area .
    How do i get an autoresponder to work with that? I assume that with autoresponder set up, that the autoresponder would actually respond back to the trellix mailer and not the subscriber. If this is right, what type of form should i use for subscriptions. I could enter the subscribers info manually, but that defeats purpose of autoresponder. Thanks

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mickeymouse

mickeymouse Well-Known Member

Dear notechie,

This can be done by creating a .forward file that should autorespond trellix mailer only. Make a script to respond trellix mailer when a mail is recieved from them and integrate this with the autorespond feature.

Regards,

3. notechie

notechie Registered

don't see how ya'll do it!!

Thanks for the response. Man , I dont see how u guys do this stuff. I got problem solved by using formmail. This also was a nightmare to deal with for me. I understood after doing it , finally. All the stuff i am coming across talks about how easy they are to use, but for first timer, i dont think so. I understand em after doing em once or twice. I see how someone who knows a little something about it could say they are easy. It took me days to figure out formmail---lol... Looked easy after i got done. Mostly, i get confused between the directions and code etc...didnt know where one stopped and other started---lol.....
    Dont get me started on the other stuff---cpanel etc.---i only use one or two things on it--lol. I still say that what the geeks and techies(saying with respect) dont realize when they write directions etc. , they write as if I have seen this stuff before. They gotta write for someone who has never laid eyes on the product or heard of it.
    I know there is stuff in cpanel that i could use==but its almost too much trouble to try to understand it---I tried setting up a mailing list ---got frustrated and just deleted it. Tried to go through directions, and got more frustrated.
    Oh, well, sorry bout venting---lol... But i do appreciate the response..... I have great respect for those of you who understand this stuff.
    On my website i am going to add a section as i go that will hopefully explain in (dummy language for folks like me-lol) different things about cpanel etc.... when i learn or get one of you guys to do it ... an example would be something like cron jobs: i know u can get it to do stuff automatically etc..---but explain things like what , how , why.
    This is what i hear from regular folks, we just dont get it!!!!

Thanks
    Glenn Newsome
    www.webnetincome.com

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...