The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Autoresponder only send 10 emails???

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by uzoom, Nov 20, 2005.

1. uzoom

uzoom Registered

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

What is the autoresponder limit for the given cPanel account? If it is 10, that is the reason why. You can see the limit from the mail cPanel page.

Whatever the limit may be, it will have been set by your hosting provider - if you're the server owner/administrator you would have had to have set the limit yourself and so would know about it!

If you want the limit raised, you'd need to contact your hosting provider.

3. amal

amal Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm also having the same problem...
    There is a limit on the number of autoresponders. If I send 20 mails to different mail accounts under a domain which has got autoresponders enabled, I'll get back only 10. There is no limit set for the autoresponders.

Any ideas?

4. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I don't really have anything to back this up, but I believe this is put in place to prevent a continuous loop with autoresponders.

Imagine if you write from an address that has an autoresponder set up, you write an address that has an autoresponder set up. When that message reached its destination an autoresponder is sent to you. Your autoresponder sees this message and sends its autoresponder back to the address. This address again sends an autoresponder... and as you can see a loop is induced.

I would also note that I believe autoresponders to generally be a bad idea, unless they are just temporary autoresponders. Using autoresponders just increases the e-mail traffic that goes on throughout the Internet and as spammers write to addresses, those autoresponders are sent out, likely to fake e-mail addresses and usually just reside somewhere in a queue because they cannot be delivered.