The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Autoresponder/Spam Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff75, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

Is there a way to make an autoresponder message be sent so that bounces will not seen? For example, I have autoresponder that gets a lot of spam which mostly comes from invalid addresses. When the the invalid address receives the autoresponder message, a bounce message is received.

If anyone knows how to keep bounces from showing up, please let me know. Would setting up a filter to block any email that contains the text in the bounced mail subject work?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Better yet, why not disable the auto-responder? You run the very serious risk of getting the server blacklisted in RBL's if your auto-responder replies to a spam that has a false From: header in it (i.e. most spam).

As to ditching bounces, you could certainly do so if you don't mind not being notified if any email has been bounced due to non-delivery (which makes your outgoing email something of a black hole). Just create appropriate Filters with common text taken from the bounces, e.g. anothing from postmaster@*