Autoresponders not transferred

did-vmonroig

Feb 6, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello!

We're migrating an old cPanel server to a new pair (standard + linked mail node), using express transfers. One of the accounts has autoresponders, that weren't transferred to standard or linked server, generating errors in every mail:

Code:
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

pipe to |/usr/local/cpanel/bin/autorespond [email protected] /home/account/.autorespond
    generated by [email protected]

pipe to |/usr/local/cpanel/bin/autorespond [email protected] /home/account/.autorespond
    generated by [email protected]

The following text was generated during the delivery attempts:

------ pipe to |/usr/local/cpanel/bin/autorespond [email protected] /home/account/.autorespond
       generated by [email protected] ------

[2021-08-30 09:24:48 +0200] info [autorespond] Failed to read response template /home/account/.autorespond/[email protected]: No such file or directory

------ pipe to |/usr/local/cpanel/bin/autorespond [email protected] /home/account/.autorespond
       generated by [email protected] ------

[2021-08-30 09:24:48 +0200] info [autorespond] Failed to read response template /home/account/.autorespond/[email protected]: No such file or directory
Doing an rsync from old server /home/account/.autorespond to linked mail server seems to be enough to solve it. Is this expected behavior?

Thanks!

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I performed a test transfer on my end and the autoresponders were moved properly.

Can you tell me more about the link setup you have? Were you migrating from a server that was using a linked node *to* a server that was using a linked node? I'd like to try and accurately replicate that portion of the issue as well.

did-vmonroig

Feb 6, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Were you migrating from a server that was using a linked node *to* a server that was using a linked node? I'd like to try and accurately replicate that portion of the issue as well.
Sorry for the misunderstanding... I'm migrating from standalone to a new one with linked node.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
No need to apologize at all - I just wanted to make sure my test environment was as accurate as possible.

I tried this on my end and still could not reproduce that issue. It might be best to submit a ticket to our team so we can dig into that problem in your environment and see what is going on. If you are able to submit a ticket, please post the number here so I can follow along and make sure this thread stays updated.

did-vmonroig

Feb 6, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
We're transferring about a hundred accounts. Some more of them will have autoresponders for sure. As this one was not under my direct control I prefer to wait for another one. If same problem shows I'll open a ticket. As always, thanks for your support.

Reactions: cPRex