The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

autosignup no longer working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ccccanada, Oct 4, 2003.

1. ccccanada

ccccanada Well-Known Member

Hello!

I had the autosetup scripts set up so that people could automatically create their account once they have made the payment.

As of a couple of days ago the scripts stopped working and and error comes up:
    There was a problem setting up the account. Your submission has been sent to the admin for manual processing

Does anyone know if anything has changed on the server why this would no longer be working??

Thanks

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Michael-MS

Michael-MS Well-Known Member

After a recent cpanel upgrade my script is doing the same thing. :( Did you ever fix this?

3. ccccanada

Yes I fixed it a long time back already and don't even remember what I did exactly.

Lately there is another bug in the systen that fails the set-up when a dash (- ) is included in the username which it sets up automatically.

If you are having problems with your scripts then you can just send me a copy without Access Key and I can troubleshoot it for you. worldics@bellnet.ca

4. Michael-MS

I have resorted back to the original script that comes in the gzip. I've tried to troubleshoot this...

In dosignup.cgi there's a line that looks like this:

$response = $whm->createacct("$FORM{'domain'}","$defuser","$FORM{'password'}","$FORM{'plan'}");

(my version might be a little modified to reflect some basic form changes that I made.)

So after that line I blocked off the rest of the script and typed in "print $response;" to get the output and troubleshoot it. The result is an empty page, so there is no response at all!

It looks to me like the Cpanel::Accounting perl module may be broken? I have no idea! :(

Michael

5. ccccanada

$response = $whm->createacct("$FORM{'domain'}","$defuser","$FORM{'password'}","$FORM{'plan'}");

if ($response =~ /username is taken/) {
    print "That domain is already setup on this server.<br>Please call Tech Support Toll Free at: 1-877-714-3531<br>We will fix this Problem immediately!\n";
    sendmail("failed (domain exists)",$response);
    exit;
    }
    if ($response !~ /wwwacct creation finished/) {
    print "There was a problem setting up the account. Your submission has been sent to the admin for manual processing<br>Please call Tech Support Toll Free at: 1-877-714-3531 for immediate Action!\n";
    sendmail("failed and needs manuall processing (unknown)",$response);
    exit;
    }

print <<EOM;
    <h1>Account Activation is Complete</h1>
    <font face="Verdana" size="2">Thank you for using CCCCANADA.com for your Hosting needs!<br>&nbsp;<br>

<font face="Verdana" size="2"><b>Please Print this Page</b><br>&nbsp;</font><br>

<pre>
    <font face="Verdana" size="2">You can now Log in to your ControlPanel to set up your Email's and other Preferences.</font>

<font face="Verdana" size="2">Domain Name:<font color="#DC6000"> $FORM{'domain'}</font></font>
    <font face="Verdana" size="2">User Name:<font color="#DC6000"> $defuser</font></font>
    <font face="Verdana" size="2">Password:<font color="#DC6000"> $FORM{'password'}</font></font>
    <font face="Verdana" size="2">Control-Panel Access Url: <a href="http://$mainip:2082/">http://$mainip:2082/</a></font>
    <font face="Verdana" size="2">After Domain Propagates you will be able to log in to your ControlPanel via</font>
    <font face="Verdana" size="2"><a href="http://$FORM{'domain'}:2082/">http://$FORM{'domain'}:2082/</a></font>

<font face="Verdana" size="2">You can immediately begin uploading to your website via FTP by using the info below:</font>
    <font face="Verdana" size="2">Domain: <font color="#DC6000">$mainip</font> until domain name has propagated then you can use<font color="#DC6000"> $FORM{'domain'}</font></font>
    <font face="Verdana" size="2">User Name:<font color="#DC6000"> $defuser</font></font>
    <font face="Verdana" size="2">Password:<font color="#DC6000"> $FORM{'password'}</font></font>

<font face="Verdana" size="2"><b>You can test your domain by going to the URL below:</b></font>
    <font face="Verdana" size="2"><b>TestUrl: <a href="http://$mainip/~$defuser/">http://$mainip/~$defuser/</a></b></font>

<font face="Verdana" size="2">For existing Domains please have your Registrar point the Domainname to the following Nameservers:</font>
    <font face="Verdana" size="2">Primary Nameserver:<font color="#DC6000"> ns5.worldics.com </font>(if needed IP : 64.157.176.51)</font>
    <font face="Verdana" size="2">Secondary Nameserver:<font color="#DC6000"> ns6.worldics.com </font>(if needed IP: 66.230.234.5)</font>

<font face="Verdana" size="2">An Email will be send to your Email address with Login Instructions to your Domain.</font>

<font face="Verdana" size="2">If you have any Questions or need any Help at all please call us:<br></font>
    <font face="Verdana" size="2"><b>Toll Free: 1-877-714-3531</b></font>

<font face="Verdana" size="2">CCCCANADA Tech Support</font></font>
    EOM

sendmail("",$response);

This i what we have in the dosignup and it works fine except that thing with the dash in the username for which all i need to do is input a field where the user inputs his own user name whenever I get some time.

Hope this helps

6. Michael-MS

The problem is that $response is NULL so the rest of the script doesn't work. Do you see what I mean?

When I run the script... even if I have it manually setup like this...

The $response is returned as NULL after that! It's not creating the domain, it's not even providing me with an error... it's just broken! :(

By the way, when $response is NULL, it falls into this category in your version:

That error is the original error that you had a few months ago so I was wondering how you fixed it? The problem could be completely different than mine, but who knows.. I'm running out of ideas on how to fix this. :(

Does anyone know how to check to see if the Cpanel::Accounting module is working properly?

Michael

7. Michael-MS

This is how I'm testing it...

Run this script from the command line in the same directory as your dosignup.cgi file:

I get nothing and the account is not created. :(

Michael

#7 Michael-MS, Nov 14, 2003
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2003