Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AutoSSL and WHMCS

Discussion in 'Security' started by Gavpeds, Jan 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Gavpeds

Gavpeds Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi so i have only recently noticed the autossl feature after a few of my site owners let me know their site was all messed up. Obviously those sites were originally http. So now that i know what the issue is i have been exploring this auto ssl feature. What i have noticed however is that site that were originaly created via whm seem to all have certificates auto generated. Thos sites that have been created via whmcs don't.

I have errors like this in the log for sites that were created via whmcs how can i fix this?

Code:
    3:05:08 AM ERROR AutoSSL failed to request an SSL certificate for “domain.com” because of an error: Cpanel::Exception::cPStoreError/(XID r96hs7) The cPanel Store returned an error (X::PermissionDenied) in response to the request “POST ssl/certificate/free”: Free 90 certs are not allowed by this partner at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception/CORE.pm line 77. Cpanel::Exception::create("cPStoreError", HASH(0x490b438)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/cPStore.pm line 231 Cpanel::cPStore::__ANON__(Cpanel::Exception::HTTP::Server=HASH(0x493dbc8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/522/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 103 Try::Tiny::try(CODE(0x4a00e58), Try::Tiny::Catch=REF(0x490ad60)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/cPStore.pm line 239 Cpanel::cPStore::_request(Cpanel::cPStore::LicenseAuthn=HASH(0x3c7ddb0), "post", "ssl/certificate/free", "item_params", HASH(0x4a52ed8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/cPStore.pm line 178 Cpanel::cPStore::post(Cpanel::cPStore::LicenseAuthn=HASH(0x3c7ddb0), "ssl/certificate/free", "item_params", HASH(0x4a52ed8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SSL/Auto/Provider/cPanel.pm line 169 Cpanel::SSL::Auto::Provider::cPanel::__ANON__() called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/522/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 80 eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/522/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 71 Try::Tiny::try(CODE(0x4941be0), Try::Tiny::Catch=REF(0x3c69ad0)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SSL/Auto/Provider/cPanel.pm line 214 Cpanel::SSL::Auto::Provider::cPanel::renew_ssl_for_vhosts(Cpanel::SSL::Auto::Provider::cPanel=HASH(0x3964280), "visualcl", "visual-cleaning.com", ARRAY(0x3c6ca78)) called at bin/autossl_check.pl line 258 bin::autossl_check::__ANON__() called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/522/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 80 eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/522/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 71 Try::Tiny::try(CODE(0x437e910), Try::Tiny::Catch=REF(0x4517608)) called at bin/autossl_check.pl line 265 bin::autossl_check::__ANON__() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/PIDFile.pm line 101 Cpanel::PIDFile::do("Cpanel::PIDFile", "/var/cpanel/autossl_check.pid", CODE(0x30e3e70)) called at bin/autossl_check.pl line 286 bin::autossl_check::_run_maybe_captured("--all") called at bin/autossl_check.pl line 108 bin::autossl_check::__ANON__() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CaptureFH.pm line 50 Cpanel::CaptureFH::do_with_output_captured_to_path_if_non_tty("/usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log", CODE(0x3939f68)) called at bin/autossl_check.pl line 109 bin::autossl_check::run("--all") called at bin/autossl_check.pl line 77

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

This message suggests your cPanel license provider has disabled the free AutoSSL certificates. Are you sure that some accounts on this cPanel server have AutoSSL-generated certificates, and others do not? Or, is it possible the WHMCS software connects to a different cPanel server?

Thank you.

3. Gavpeds

Gavpeds Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi if they had disabled it. I would imagine none of them would have certificates?

I have just done a check on all sites and it does show in the log that some sites have a certificate and some dont. Taking a look at each sites Cpanel SSL settings confirms this. I only have this one server so i can only presume its something to do with whmcs. Is there some setting or something i am missing in whms?

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @Gavpeds,

It looks like support ticket number 8185053 is open to investigate this issue. I'll monitor the support ticket and update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

5. Gavpeds

Gavpeds Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks have responded to the ticket.

6. Gavpeds

Gavpeds Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ok so from the ticket I now know why some sites got a certificate and some not. Our host disabled the feature at some point after some site got a free certificate. The issue I have now is getting sites back on http.

I have turned off autossl in whm, have disabled it in the feature list and disabled it on all sites that did have certificates I have also deleted any certificates that were generated. The issue is sites are still using https is there a way to force http

7. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Per the support ticket, the solutions offered were to setup self-signed SSL certificates on these domain names, or submit the domain names to search engines to request reindexing.

Thank you.