The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AutoSSL api functions (or, how to get users current autossl setting from the cli)

Discussion in 'Security' started by skumpe, Jan 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. skumpe

skumpe Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

We are looking to make a change in our servers configurations, but are not wanting to impact current users on those servers. We currently have AutoSSL set to use the feature list setting, which is disabled, and for customers wanting to enable AutoSSL on their account, we explicitly set it to Enabled.

We would like to now go to a default of enabled (NOT using the feature list) for new users only, which means we need to explicitly set those that are currently using the Feature List setting to Disabled. It seems like this should be a simple script that polls the current AutoSSL setting, and if set to Feature List, change to Disabled.

Unfortunately, I am unable to locate any such api calls (either for determining the current setting, or changing that setting), am I missing something? If there are other suggestions on how to handle this (that dont involve the GUI), please let me know!

Thanks,
    Steven

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The easiest method would be to simply create a new package, and assign it a new feature list that includes the AutoSSL feature. Then, assign all new accounts a package that utilizes the new feature list.

Is this method an option for you?

Thank you.