Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AutoSSL cert not deleted when disabling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 4u123, Jan 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I'm trying to establish whether this is intended behaviour. I logged into WHM on one of my servers yesterday to find that all users had AutoSSL certificates installed. I hadn't enabled it on all users myself. AutoSSL was enabled with cpanel as the provider, but the option was disabled in the feature list.

So my first question is...

If I enable AutoSSL but don't specifically disable it on all users, will certificates be automatically installed for those users?

Secondly, I selected all users and chose to disable them all. I waited 24 hours for the AutoSSL check to run but all the certificates are still installed.

As expected, the log says for each user...

2:12:10 AM “username” does not have the required feature “autossl”.

So, I'm assuming that if you disable AutoSSL for a user, when the check script runs it doesn't delete the certificates for those that have been disabled? I guess that's intended, so you can disable it on a user but allow the remaining time left on the existing cert?

I've now got to manually delete a couple of hundred certs from WHM.

It would be much better if when choosing the option to disable AutoSSL on selected users, there was an option also to delete the certificates too!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

AutoSSL defaults to Reset to Feature List Setting unless configured differently under the Manage Users tab in WHM Home » SSL/TLS » Manage AutoSSL. If AutoSSL is disabled under the feature list associated with an account, then users who do not have the “autossl” feature will not receive the free certificates. Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature if you noticed behavior different to this so we can take a closer look?

Disabling AutoSSL after the free certificates are generated will not automatically remove the existing certificates. You'd have to manually delete the certificates or run a custom bash script that runs the following UAPI function for all domain names:

UAPI Functions - SSL::delete_ssl - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation

I encourage you to open a feature request if you'd like to see functionality to delete all SSL certificates or a setting that allows you to uninstall SSL certificates when AutoSSL is disabled on an account.

Thank you.