Mostar
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I have a cPanel version v68.0.36. I´ve got a mail

upload_2018-5-16_10-32-28.png

Now the AutoSSL certificate is expired
upload_2018-5-16_10-33-39.png

Do I have manually run command via WHM "Run AutoSSL for All Users" or cPanel should renew automatically AutoSSL certificate?

Best regards,
Elizabeta

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @Elizabeta

The AutoSSL process runs daily so you shouldn't have to manually run it but in the event that a domain failed domain control validation, I would suggest manually running it after you've identified what the issue causing it to fail is and you've resolved it.

If the domain's SSL expired and you're receiving that notification it does indicate that for some reason it failed validation. I would suggest checking the logs to identify specifically why it's failing.
Thanks!

Elizabeta

Mar 21, 2018
Mostar
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

Thank you Lauren for your explanation.
To manually running AutoSSL, is it necessary to run WHM-Home-SSL/TLS-Manage AutoSSL-Run AutoSSL for All Users or , is there option to run AutoSSL for just one user (which has expired AutoSSL)?

Best regards,
Elizabeta

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston

Elizabeta

Mar 21, 2018
Mostar
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello, thank you for your replies.

Just one information, domain which is not passed validity is not registered. This is test domain. Probably this is problem with AutoSSL.

Best regards,
Elizabeta Krešo

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @Elizabeta

If you have unregistered domains or domains you know won't pass the DCV check because they don't resolve to the server you can exclude them through cPanel>>Security>>SSL/TLS Status

You can also disable the AutoSSL feature per account at WHM>>SSL/TLS>>Manage AutoSSL

Thanks!

Elizabeta

Mar 21, 2018
Mostar
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thank you Lauren for your explanation, but in my version of cPanel v68.0.3 I don´t have a option cPanel>>Security>>SSL/TLS Status,
I have just Home-SSL/TLS status .. or Home-Security Center ..

Best regards,
Elizabeta

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
HI @Elizabeta

If you don't have that in v68 it's probably not included in the account's feature list. You can modify the feature list for the package to include this or you can disable through WHM as noted previously.

Thanks!

Elizabeta

Mar 21, 2018
Mostar
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

Thank you Lauren!

I have one more question. I have registered domain (before this domain was unregistered and AutoSSL certificate is expired).
Is it ok to run this command to install AutoSSL certificate for this domain /usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkallsslcerts ?

Best regards,
Elizabeta

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
HI @Elizabeta

I have registered domain (before this domain was unregistered and AutoSSL certificate is expired).
Is it ok to run this command to install AutoSSL certificate for this domain /usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkallsslcerts ?
As long as the domain is registered and hosted on the server that should be fine

Personally, for domains you want to check via AutoSSL I would run:

Per user:
Code:
/usr/local/cpanel/bin/autossl_check --user=$user
All domains with AutoSSL enabled
Code:
/usr/local/cpanel/bin/autossl_check --all
And I'd just run checkallsslcerts for hostname certificates.

Thanks!