Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED AutoSSL: Disk quota exceeded at bin/autossl_check.pl line 565

Discussion in 'Security' started by Tristan_T39, Apr 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Tristan_T39

Tristan_T39 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hi,

I deleted an (old and expired) certificate ("StartCom") from "CPanel > SSL/TLS > Certificates (CRT)" but two errors occurred:
    - cert file xxx not found...
    - Disk quota exceeded...

And now if i go on "CPanel > SSL/TLS > Certificates (CRT)" i have this error:
    "A fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive. [show] ".

I also have errors in Auto SSL logs:
    "12:08:10 PM WARN The domain “mydomain.com” failed domain control validation: Le système n’a pas pu fermer un handle de fichier en raison d’une erreur : Disk quota exceeded at bin/autossl_check.pl line 565."

The problem occurs only with an account...
    Help please :)

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The error message you provided suggests the account is at it's disk space limit. You can increase the quota for the account by editing the package it's assigned in "WHM >> Edit a Package" or via "WHM >> Quota Modification". Or, if you prefer to delete files uploaded to the account, use "cPanel >> Disk Usage" to see where the space is coming from and delete any files that are no longer needed via FTP or "cPanel >> File Manager".

Thank you.

3. Tristan_T39

Tristan_T39 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    thank you for the answer :)
    you are right, the account was over quota when i try to delete the SSL cert...
    I increase quota for the account, but style have the problem :-(
    i have this errors in cpanel error_log :
    Code:
    [2017-04-27 18:36:26 +0200] die [Internal Death while parsing ./frontend/paper_lantern/ssl/crts.html.tt 10967] Template::Exception:
       [TYPE]=[undef]
       [INFO]=[Can't use string ("") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Locale/Utils/DateTime.pm line 43, <DATA> line 1.
    ]
       [TEXT]=[]
     at cpanel.pl line 1236, <DATA> line 1.
       cpanel::cpanel::cptt_exectag("/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/paper_lantern/ssl/crts.html.tt", 1) called at cpanel.pl line 5221
       cpanel::cpanel::run_standard_mode() called at cpanel.pl line 843
       cpanel::cpanel::script("cpanel::cpanel", "./frontend/paper_lantern/ssl/crts.html.tt") called at cpanel.pl line 304

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

It's possible the /home/$username/ssl/ssl.db.cache and /home/$username/ssl/ssl.db files were corrupted when the account was at it's disk space limit. Try moving them out of the way to see if that addresses the issue (the files are automatically regenerated):

Code:
    mkdir /root/old-ssl-db/
    mv /home/$username/ssl/ssl.db.cache /root/old-ssl-db/
    mv /home/$username/ssl/ssl.db /root/old-ssl-db/

Thank you.

5. Tristan_T39

Tristan_T39 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Code:
    mkdir /root/old-ssl-db/
    mv /home/$username/ssl/ssl.db.cache /root/old-ssl-db/
    mv /home/$username/ssl/ssl.db /root/old-ssl-db/

It works!
    Thank you so much!!!!

I now understand why the problem occurred: before removing the SSL certificat, I upgrade/downgrade the account with another package... I thought that the quota of the new package was "unlimited", but i was wrong... I did not see that the account was over quota after I upgrade/downgrade it :(

So, it would be a good idea, to display a "big warning" if an account becomes over quota after a package change :)

Thanks again ;)

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I'm happy to see the issue is now fixed. I encourage you to open a feature request if you'd like to see additional functionality added to the product (e.g. require verification when changing the package of an account when it affects quota):

Submit A Feature Request

Thanks!