cPanel & WHM Version

PaterNosta

Registered
May 16, 2020
Germany
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I have created a new account and am currently failing with the AutoSSL function.
Also a change from Let's Encrypt to cPanel (powered by Sectigo) did not bring any improvement.

Only the "mail.domain.tld" subdomain has received a certificate. All other domains and subdomains show this error in cPanel:

DNS DCV: The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.domain.tld” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=ae0p4JZ6ExU96NZBGPuszb5aaW4Z3UU1vFmHx2OGkDf3FvlKeUhWyPDmSKq32UKu”.; HTTP DCV: The system queried for a temporary file at “http://domain.tld/.well-known/pki-validation/E4AF7F2EC951A05D8958A2D07812F559.txt”, but the web server responded with the following error: 404 (Not Found). A DNS (Domain Name System) or web server misconfiguration may exist.

The WHM SSL protocol/log says the following at the end:

11:02:38 AM ERROR Impediment: NO_UNSECURED_DOMAIN_PASSED_DCV: Every unsecured domain failed DCV.

I use an external DNS provider. But I have created a TXT entry there for the domain with the correct inserts.
Whether I use Let's Encrypt or cPanel Sectigo, the error message is identical.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

The HTTP DCV check creates a TXT file that changes so you wouldn't be able to create it on your own. It's created on the server so the check would need to be able to resolve the domain. Are there any redirects in place or anything in the .htacess which would cause it to be unable to complete?