AutoSSL Error: Could not read from socket

AsianPieMan

Registered
Jun 11, 2020
Ocoee
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Auto SSL returns this:

"DNS DCV: The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.void104.com” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=54sevwesDc64LSidNPNzXYBEBXvhlAO8IlhtiGxpAkQLr5chXrX3QuAGf_ypsP8t”.; HTTP DCV: The system failed to fetch the DCV (Domain Control Validation) file at “PUCQDJB97N67YTL4RW0H2DH16WQRRU_V because of an error: The system failed to send an HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) “GET” request to “http://domain.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/PUCQDJB97N67YTL4RW0H2DH16WQRRU_V” because of an error: Could not read from socket: 'Connection reset by peer'. The domain “domain.com” resolved to an IP address “192.64.XXX.XXX” that does not exist on this server."

Should I create the .txt file? If so, how do I go about doing that?
Any help is appreciated : )

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Should I create the .txt file? If so, how do I go about doing that?
Any help is appreciated : )
No that won't actually resolve this issue - as it appears to be DNS related I'd bet that the IP the domain resolves to is the IP for the DNS Service you're using?

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
So in order to for the DNS DCV check to complete the DNS Must be managed locally for the domain. In order to read the txt file the request to the domain/path/to/file must be present (not cached) and the domain needs to resolve to the server. Currently it's resolving to the DNS management service you're using publicly.