Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

AutoSSL failure on all domains on the server

Discussion in 'Security' started by djbaxter, Jul 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. djbaxter

djbaxter Member

Posting this to help others with this issue...

PROBLEM: AutoSSL failed to update all domains

This is a dedicated server with 15 domains currently, one of which has two subdomains.

WHM is v72.0.10 running under CENTOS 7.5.

I have never had a problem with AutoSSL previously, but I received this tonight - one for each domain on the server.

RESOLVED: A short time ago, I was checking server settings and to see what would happen I enabled Allow AutoSSL to replace invalid or expiring non-AutoSSL certificates.

This option comes with a warning:

The certificates do not expire for 6 days (see above) and evidently enabling this prevented the AutoSSL updates.

I disabled (unchecked) that option, re-ran AutoSSL, and it completed normally.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @djbaxter,

The following option is available under the Options tab in WHM >> Manage AutoSSL:

Allow AutoSSL to replace invalid or expiring non-AutoSSL certificates.

Per it's description:

This option will allow AutoSSL to replace certificates that the AutoSSL system did not issue. When you enable this option, AutoSSL will install certificates that replace users’ CA-issued certificates if they are invalid or expire within 3 days.

Disabling this option will prevent AutoSSL from replacing non-AutoSSL certificates. Thus, while you may not see an error message during the AutoSSL check, your domain name's existing certificate may not have been replaced. Can you browse to the secure URL for the domain name in a web browser and view the certificate information to confirm when it expires?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...