Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SOLVED AutoSSL - Feature 'Disabled'

Discussion in 'Security' started by jtgroup, May 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. jtgroup

jtgroup Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello everyone,

Sorry to bother you but I was hoping you might be able to help me with something.

We currently use the cPanel AutoSSL certificates for a number of our customers.

I would like to enable it by default so that all existing customers and new ones automatically have a SSL certificate installed.

I assume to do this I need to enable the feature in 'Feature Manager' however when I looked in there, the 'AutoSSL' feature is 'disabled' and there does not seem to be a way to enable it.

What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards

James

2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You probably cannot enable it in another feature list because it is added to the "disabled" feature list. If you remove it from the "disabled" feature list you should be able to enable it in another feature list.

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    sparek-3 likes this.
  3. jtgroup

jtgroup Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Mike,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Forgive me as I am likely being dumb...

If the feature is disabled, does that just mean that a user cannot log into their cPanel and use the AutoSSL feature? However we are still able to install a AutoSSL certificate for them using the 'AutoSSL' feature in WHM?

What I would like to do is install a SSL certificate on all accounts now and also ensure that whenever a new account is created, a SSL certificate is installed by default.

Kind regards

James

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi James,

By default, AutoSSL is enabled or disabled for an account based on the setting established by it's feature list. You can modify this behavior using WHM >> Manage AutoSSL >> Manage Users. When it's enabled, the system will automatically attempt to install AutoSSL certificates for domain names created as new accounts and for domain names added to existing accounts. You can read more about this at:

Manage AutoSSL - Version 70 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jtgroup

jtgroup Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply.

As mentioned, the 'AutoSSL' feature is disabled in the feature list and I cannot see how to enable it.

If I do enable it, will all new accounts automatically have a SSL certificate installed once their cPanel account is created?

Kind regards

James

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi James,

Can you browse to WHM >> Manage AutoSSL and verify cPanel is selected under the Providers tab?

Thank you.

7. jtgroup

jtgroup Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael,

Yes, it is enabled.

Kind regards

James

8. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing? For instance, are you referring to "WHM >> Feature Manager"? Keep in mind there's no actual feature called AutoSSL that appears in the cPanel UI. The feature is simply used to help determine whether accounts assigned to that feature list are issued AutoSSL certificates.

Thank you.

9. jtgroup

jtgroup Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

We've managed to resolve it now. We had to enable the feature in the 'disabled' feature list in Home » Packages » Feature Manager » Feature Lists

Over this section, under "Manage feature list", we selected "disabled" and clicked on edit. Deselected the required feature from the "disabled" list and saved the changes. Then, we went to the required feature list (for example, "default") and enabled it from there.

Kind regards

James

10. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello James,

I'm glad to see you were able to solve the issue. Thank you for sharing the outcome.