Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

AutoSSL for domain alias?

Discussion in 'Security' started by lukekenny, May 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. lukekenny

lukekenny Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have a cPanel with one primary domain, and a secondary domain configured as a domain alias.

The primary domain uses Gmail and is configured as such. The secondary domain uses cPanel email.

The account is set to use AutoSSL. A certificate is generated that covers all subdomains in the primary domain, but only some of the subdomains for the secondary domain (www and mail)

AutoSSL does not seem to want to add webmail.secondarydomain.com to the certificate. It does not appear in the AutoSSL management page in WHM, and it does not appear in the list of subdomains shown in SSL/TLS Status in cPanel.

I logged a ticket with our supplier BuycPanel.com, and they have responded:
    Is that correct? If so, why? It doesn't make any sense!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @lukekenny,

ServerAlias entries for Service Subdomains are not added to the Apache VirtualHost configurations for domains added to cPanel as Aliases. This is to avoid a high number of ServerAlias entries requiring valid SSL certificates in Apache.

I recommend opening a feature request if you'd like to see a change to the current behavior:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.