Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AutoSSL has been stuck in pending for 24 hours

Discussion in 'Security' started by Benjamin D., Sep 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Benjamin D.

Benjamin D. Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi, sorry for posting something that has been discussed many times before, but my AutoSSL feature (using Comodo) has been stuck on 1 domain for 24 hours. I have had very good luck with AutoSSL in 2017 and all previous domains I've enabled AutoSSL on only took less than 5 minutes. I don't know what's happening. The log kept the "+" (in progress) sign from the beginning, even tough there is no yellow message and no error, it even states:

(yesterday at noon) 12:08:02 PM The system has completed the AutoSSL check for “********.com”.

AND THEN 11 hours later, the regular scheduled AutoSSL check happened and this is what the log shows:

11:29:06 PM The website “********.com”, owned by “********”, has no SSL certificate. AutoSSL will attempt to obtain a new certificate and install it.
    11:29:06 PM The provider “cPanel (powered by Comodo)”’s AutoSSL queue already contains a request for a certificate for “********”'s website “********.com”. The request’s start time is Sep 29, 2017, 3:08:00 PM UTC and its last poll time is Sep 29, 2017, 11:16:01 PM UTC.

In the PENDING tab I see it like this:

********.com Sep 29, 2017 11:08:00 AM 257604051 Pending

In the FTP, I see its .well-known/pki-validation/4C536D5********20910C5.txt file and it seems every 4-ish hours, the file gets updated. But nothing progresses and SSL still obviously doesn't work when visiting the site.

Anybody can assist me in reseting the AutoSSL pending request for that domain and start over?

Thx

#1 Benjamin D., Sep 30, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  2. sktest123

sktest123 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Normally it can take to open upto 48hrs.
    Obviously the manage autossl logs have indication on errors , if its okay then check for any htaccess tha blocks comodo uset agent or check comodo ip access (csf blocks), also ensure the domains resolve your server ip addresses

3. Benjamin D.

Benjamin D. Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi sktest123, thank you so much for trying to help. Well, it's now officially been 48 hours and nothing changed in my WHM.

The domain resolves to my server's IP and the website works fine.

I'm pretty sure nothing blocks Comodo, because the pki-validation file gets updated every 4-8 hours, I see the modification date/time in the FTP. Also, cpHulk has all the cPanel support IP's whitelisted, nothing in the blacklist. I've flushed 100% of the Config Server Firewall denied IP's just to make absolutely sure the firewall isn't refusing connections.

The .htaccess file is a pretty normal Magento 2.1 file containing nothing about user agents and this is the allow/deny order which shouldn't block anything:
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all

Where can I check the "manage autossl logs" you mentioned?

4. hydn79

hydn79 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Usually it takes a few mins to activate. From within WHM open a ticket so they can manually reset the request.

Or try via cPanel to uninstall cert if that option is available.

5. Benjamin D.

Benjamin D. Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There's no certificate installed. As I mentioned, I've been waiting for 48 hours now and it's still stuck.

Thanks for trying to help. I'll have to open a ticket I think, it's F***'ed up for sure.

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Feel free to post the ticket number here and we will update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

7. Benjamin D.

Benjamin D. Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    cPanel support just closed the ticket, the problem is now resolved. There is no explanation given as to why the first 49 hours it was stuck, they just reset it like I asked 3 days ago and now it works.

Thanks.