Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AutoSSL ignore subdomains that dont pass DV check

Discussion in 'Security' started by My1, Aug 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. My1

My1 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    hello. I noticed something pretty annoying recently when working with cpanel. seeming autossl completely cancels autossl when not all the domains of the account are for DV, and this get worse because it apparently wants a www subdomain for everything as well.

I use the apex (aka main domain, like example.com) as an alias to easier manage the domains I actually use on the server and the apex is pointing to another place than the subdomain I actually use on the cpanel server.

the problem starts when it obviously cannot resolve the alias domains, because they arent really used on that server and it ends when it tries to resolve the www, which obviously have no record as I have no use for them.

autossl seems to fail, but in my opinion it should just get the certificate for those domains that do pass validation, or add the letsencrypt thing to the user as options where he can fine-tune what gets a certificate and what doesnt.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look at the affected account to verify how it's setup and determine the best solution to ensure the domain names that you host on the cPanel server can receive SSL certificates through the AutoSSL feature?

Thank you.

3. My1

My1 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    What link in which signature? I can see nothing here.

Attached Files:

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  5. My1

My1 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks. I didn't disable anything. Maybe they just throw the sig into oblivion on mobile.

6. My1

My1 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Also your link says that i have to login as root. I am not the server owner, i just have a website on a hoster with cpanel.

Doesn't that show up for you? I was specifically asked to select the relationship i have with cpanel during registration.

7. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You will not be able to open a support ticket if you do not have root access to the server. Instead, I recommend contacting your web hosting provider for assistance with this topic. Your provider should be able to verify how you have configured the domain names to verify if they are compatible with the AutoSSL feature.

Thank you.