Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AutoSSL (LetsEncrypt) not working for some domains

Discussion in 'Security' started by catacaustic, Aug 22, 2017.

1. catacaustic

catacaustic Registered

I have been trying to figure out, with the help of my hosting companies tech team, why AutoSSL isn't working for some domains on my server. It is working fine for most, but a few are not able to be secured.

The error message that I get back is:

WARN The domain “example.org” failed domain control validation: “example.org” does not resolve to any IPv4 addresses on the internet.

The same message occurs for the other domains that are failing.

I have checked, along with my hosting techs, and everything that we have found says that the domains are all registered correctly and all of the standard DNS settings are all correct.

I have tried to delete and re-create two of the accounts manually to see if there was any lingering DNS settings in the server that could be causing this, but that has not helped. I have checked that the required URL path is available, so there's nothing that anyone can see that should be blocking this.

Any information, hints, tips or anything else would be greatly appreciated.

#1 catacaustic, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2017
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look?

Thanks!