The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AutoSSL Limits

Discussion in 'Security' started by fmosse, Jun 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. fmosse

fmosse Member

Hi, here Manage AutoSSL - Documentation - cPanel Documentation I have read this

Certificates that cPanel, Inc. provides through AutoSSL can secure a maximum of 200 domains per certificate (Apache virtual host).
    Certificates that Let's Encrypt provides can secure a maximum of 100 domains per certificate.
    This affects Let's Encrypt's limit of 20 certificates per week that may contain a domain or its subdomains.
    For example, for the example.com domain, AutoSSL automatically includes www.example.com in the certificate.
    If the corresponding www. domain does not pass a DCV test, AutoSSL will not attempt to secure that www. domain.
    This affects Let's Encrypt's limit of 20 certificates per week that may contain a domain or its subdomains.

I am not sure if I understand this... I can only receive 200 or 100 domains SSLs in one dedicated server?
    And also it means that I can only receive 20 new SSLs per week?

Thanks,
    Francisco

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @fmosse,

I moved this post to it's own thread.

The limit is per Virtual Host as opposed to the entire server. The following document explains the definition of a virtual host:

How Your Server Handles Domains and Virtual Hosts - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Regarding the weekly limit with Let's Encrypt, it will issue a maximum of 20 certificates per week that contain a domain or its subdomains. If you include subdomains of a domain on more than 20 certificates, Let's Encrypt will issue those during the next window, up to the limit for that week.

Thank you.