Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

AutoSSL Missing from WHM

Discussion in 'Security' started by techandy, Jul 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. techandy

techandy Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    A customer recently asked me if we could create an SSL certificate for their website, and they asked about using AutoSSL. Well, I'm not seeing AutoSSL in our WHM interface under SSL/TLS (see attached pic). I've spent the morning reading documentation about AutoSSL and looking at other posts about AutoSSL not being enabled, but I'm not seeing any info on why it would be missing from the WHM interface under SSL/TLS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

Attached Files:

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @techandy,

Can you verify which version of cPanel & WHM is installed on your system? If it's version 58 or later, and you are logged in via WHM as "root", then the lack of the "Manage AutoSSL" feature suggests your cPanel license provider has disabled AutoSSL for their customers. You'd need to contact your provider to verify they intentionally disable AutoSSL.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. techandy

techandy Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael, thanks for responding.

Here is the version info: CENTOS 6.10 kvm [marbella], v70.0.54

We are the provider, and I've been all over the WHM and Cpanel interfaces but I've yet to find anything about enabling AutoSSL for our customers.

Andy

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello Andy,

To confirm, you purchased the cPanel license directly from the cPanel Store and have access to the Manage2 interface? If so, please review your SSL settings under "Manage2 >> Dashboard >> Company >> Update Company Information" to ensure AutoSSL functionality isn't disabled. Here's how to login if you have not yet done so:

Manage2 FAQ - Manage2 - cPanel Documentation

If you purchased your cPanel license from another company, you'll need to contact them to confirm AutoSSL isn't disabled.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. techandy

techandy Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I don't believe I have Manage2. I am using C Panel in Hostgator. Maybe they don't offer AutoSSL?

Andy

6. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    techandy likes this.
  7. techandy

techandy Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks rpvw, just what I was looking for!

Andy

8. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello Andy,

Can you clarify if you were able to determine the specific reason the Manage AutoSSL feature was not appearing?

Thank you.

9. techandy

techandy Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael,

Actually I can't provide a reason, because I have not yet found a resolution. After reading the webpage link that rpvw kindly supplied, I am no further along because the "Enable Auto SSL" section says "login to root WHM and navigate to SSL/TLS, then Manage AutoSSL", which of course I can't do because Manage SSL is not appearing. So, I will be contacting Hostgator to find out why it is not appearing in WHM as their instructions seem to suggest it should be. Once I get an answer I'll post here with an update.

Andy

cPanelMichael likes this.
  10. techandy

techandy Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael,

I contacted Hostgator Chat support this morning and they did not see the "Manage AutoSSL" function in my SSL/TLS panel in WHM either. I was about to inquire why she thought it wasn't showing when she asked me if we needed a Free SSL certificate. I replied that one of our customers had asked about it, so she asked for the domain URL and then checked the domain and verified that the Let's Encrypt cert was indeed applied to the customer's domain. They just had to type https:// in front of the domain name to see it. I asked her at the end of the chat if it was maybe our account type that was the reason for AutoSSL not showing, and she replied "It's free SSL per domain thats why," and then she added, "They will be automatically added but it some instances we need to force the SSL." So, my takeaway is that AutoSSL is automatically applied (as the name implies) to every one of our customer's domains, but sometimes the customer may have to contact Hostgator (in our case) to force the SSL cert to work when the 3 month period expires. Hope that makes sense, thanks for your help!

11. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @techandy,

Were you able to confirm if it's by-design that Manage AutoSSL is missing from your WHM interface?

Thank you.

12. techandy

techandy Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael,

No, unfortunately the chat agent seemed to be in a hurry and the answer I posted above was the best I could get :)

Andy