Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AutoSSL missing .txt files

Discussion in 'Security' started by mdspidle, Dec 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mdspidle

mdspidle Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What if you do not see the .txt file created in the users public_html directory? When I manually click check for that user, that file is not created. I can not get an ssl to install for this user or any user on the server. Ideas ?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I've moved this post to it's own thread.

Could you verify the version of cPanel installed on this system? Also, in "WHM >> Manage AutoSSL", what's output for this domain name in the logs available under the "Logs" tab?

Thank you.

3. Aaron Gilbertson

Aaron Gilbertson Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am also not seeing any .TXT generated anymore resulting in domains failing.

Running CLOUDLINUX 6.9 x86_64 cPanel & WHM 64.0 (build 24) w/ EA4

Domains failing generate this in the output:

Code:
     12:29:15 PM WARN The domain “xyz.com” failed domain control validation: The system failed to fetch the <abbr title="Domain Control Validation">DCV</abbr> file at “<a href=".xyz Domain Names | Join Generation XYZ">.xyz Domain Names | Join Generation XYZ</a>” because of an error: The system failed to send an <abbr title="Hypertext Transfer Protocol">HTTP</abbr> “GET” request to “.xyz Domain Names | Join Generation XYZ because of an error: Could not connect to 'xyz.com:80': Connection refused .

Tried all the .htaccess fixes and whitelisting comodo IP and even disabling firewall

i cant test the CURL code provided in the autossl approval process post cause i dont know what the name of the .TXT is supposed to be - its my own VPS we have root access to - ive left a support ticket with the host to see if they can figure out

#3 Aaron Gilbertson, May 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2017
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you open a support ticket with us if your provider is unable to assist in solving the issue? You can post the ticket number here and we will update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.