Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AutoSSL - No Green Bar on DV cert

Discussion in 'Security' started by man0070, Sep 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. man0070

man0070 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey Guys,

So i have just upgraded and now have the ability to use comodo/Lets Encrypt - WHM/cPanel Versions:
    • CLOUDLINUX 7.4
    • v66.0.23
    And i am looking to take advantage of the greenbaring ssl functionality - even though its not EV, i should still be able to get a green HTTPS on a DV cert right?
    and when i look at the cert being provided, its not being provided by lets encrypt, its piggy backing on the certificate the WHM server is using - thus resulting in a HTTPS error on the domain.

I am just hoping you might know how i can correct this? so the HTTPS goes green?

Thanks Guys.

Attached Files:

#1 man0070, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2017
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Are you accessing the website itself, or are you using the domain name to access a service such as cPanel or Web Host Manager? If it's for the website itself, browse to "WHM >> Manage AutoSSL" and review the "Logs" tab to see if there were any issues with the certificate generation for this account.

Thank you.

3. man0070

man0070 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey Michael,
    I would be accessing the website/s themselves
    When testing in a fresh browsing session, cookies and history cleared and on fresh machines - it would still pop up with an invalid certificate.

For the meantime I have purchased an actual SSL certificate, but it would be nice to know how i can actually get the AutoSSL feature working, especially for clients.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature if you'd like us to take a closer look to see why the AutoSSL certificate was not working.

Thank you.