Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

AutoSSL not renewing

Discussion in 'Security' started by benelli1992, Jun 7, 2018.

1. benelli1992

benelli1992 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Good afternoon.

I've saw here some posts about renewing autossl not working.

I'm not the website developer, i'm the network administrator and i get those errors:

WARN Local DCV error (example.com.br): The system queried for a temporary file at [removed] but the web server responded with the following error: 404 (Not Found). A DNS (Domain Name System) or web server misconfiguration may exist.

As i could see, he is trying to search a TXT file but couldn't reach the txt file to recreate the autossl.

I don't understand nothing about linux and websites. I already ask to the website provider to help, but no answer yet.

Could you guys send me a light to try to fix this issue? The certificate will expire tomorrow.

Thanks

I am using a Cpanel V70.0.48.

#1 benelli1992, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2018
  2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,

We do have a troubleshooting guide for AutoSSL which can be found here: Tutorial - AutoSSL Troubleshooting Steps

But I would suggest calling your provider for further assistance. If they're unable to assist you, you're more than welcome to open a ticket using the link in my signature, unfortunately, I cannot guarantee a timeframe when someone would be able to address the issue.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. benelli1992

benelli1992 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Heloo.

I didn't see any troubleshooting for 404 NOT FOUND the TXT.

I'll open a ticket! Thanks

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @benelli1992

You are correct that there's no entry for that error, more than likely though it's related to a misconfiguration with the domain. You might try moving/renaming the .htaccess temporarily while the DCV check is occurring to ensure that's not part of the issue. If you do open a ticket with us here please update this thread with the ticket ID number and we'll followup with the outcome of the ticket.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...