CarlosJaa

Registered
Jan 14, 2017
Medellin Colombia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm having problems with AutoSSL renewing certain accounts on my server Below is the log for one of the accounts. I need to figure out what the problem is so i'm more on top of these certificates.

Thanks
Code:
Checking websites for “localsalons” …
11:11:42 AM Analyzing “example.com” …
11:11:42 AM ERROR TLS Status: Defective
ERROR Defect: NO_SSL: No SSL certificate is installed.
11:11:42 AM Performing DCV (Domain Control Validation) …
11:11:52 AM WARN Local HTTP DCV error (example.com): “example.com” does not resolve to any IPv4 addresses on the internet.
11:12:12 AM WARN Local HTTP DCV error (www.example.com): “www.example.com” does not resolve to any IPv4 addresses on the internet.
11:12:32 AM WARN Local HTTP DCV error (mail.example.com): “mail.example.com” does not resolve to any IPv4 addresses on the internet.
11:12:52 AM WARN Local HTTP DCV error (cpanel.example.com): “cpanel.example.com” does not resolve to any IPv4 addresses on the internet.
11:13:12 AM WARN Local HTTP DCV error (webdisk.example.com): “webdisk.example.com” does not resolve to any IPv4 addresses on the internet.
11:13:32 AM WARN Local HTTP DCV error (webmail.example.com): “webmail.example.com” does not resolve to any IPv4 addresses on the internet.
11:13:52 AM ERROR Local DNS DCV error (example.com): The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.example.com” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=JFuzO4DhsDGxl8psVIXeCitUK3KX4eKl3XscAOJFTC3lgMKbZjQPT5MYXmd_rJ3_”.
ERROR Local DNS DCV error (www.example.com): The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.example.com” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=JFuzO4DhsDGxl8psVIXeCitUK3KX4eKl3XscAOJFTC3lgMKbZjQPT5MYXmd_rJ3_”.
ERROR Local DNS DCV error (mail.example.com): The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.example.com” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=JFuzO4DhsDGxl8psVIXeCitUK3KX4eKl3XscAOJFTC3lgMKbZjQPT5MYXmd_rJ3_”.
ERROR Local DNS DCV error (cpanel.example.com): The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.example.com” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=JFuzO4DhsDGxl8psVIXeCitUK3KX4eKl3XscAOJFTC3lgMKbZjQPT5MYXmd_rJ3_”.
ERROR Local DNS DCV error (webdisk.example.com): The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.example.com” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=JFuzO4DhsDGxl8psVIXeCitUK3KX4eKl3XscAOJFTC3lgMKbZjQPT5MYXmd_rJ3_”.
ERROR Local DNS DCV error (webmail.example.com): The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.example.com” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=JFuzO4DhsDGxl8psVIXeCitUK3KX4eKl3XscAOJFTC3lgMKbZjQPT5MYXmd_rJ3_”.

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hello @CarlosJaa,

The output suggests the domain name does not resolve to the cPanel server. Can you verify if the domain name is assigned name servers associated with the cPanel & WHM server at it's domain registrar?

Thank you.

CarlosJaa

Registered
Jan 14, 2017
Medellin Colombia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Of course it resolves.. i had to remove the ssl so it can load the website.

I had this problem before.. I had to delete all the ssl certificates on the account and try forcing the AutoSSL to install on one of the domains. I just need to get a full understanding as to what / why this is happening. Instead of trying to get it to work by chance of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
I just need to get a full understanding as to what / why this is happening. Instead of trying to get it to work by chance of luck.
Hello @CarlosJaa,

Can you open a support ticket so we can take a closer look to see why the certificate isn't validated automatically? You can post the ticket number here and we'll link this thread to the ticket.

Thank you.