AutoSSL not working, ipv6 address not resolving

peterzack

Registered
Jun 25, 2021
Berlin
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Dear community,

after fighting for ages with this error, I urgently seek your friendly support.

I've set up a website for a friend, using Bluehost and wordpress.
But something went wrong so that AutoSSL always throws me this error:

REDACTED

I'm not too much of an expert (gosh, I'm a noob, and I'm lost af..), but I tried to dig down the hole a bit, and I was wondering if the problem lies here:
* Before using "bluehost", my friend has had a contract with the domain provider "IONOS", and the ipv6-address above still points to some IONOS-server, instead of bluehost..
* When I'm logged in on "bluehost", it states that the domain has not been fully "transferred", so it lies around somewhere at IONOS. When I click on "Transfer To Bluehost" in the "Domains"-section at bluehost, it answers me to "Please enter a valid domain name. We currently only support the following extensions com, co, org, net, us, info, biz." So there seems to be no way to migrate/transfer this .DE-domain to bluehost. The contract with IONOS ended some days ago, but IONOS somehow still seems to hold/block the ipv6 address..?

So my questions are:
a) Is this indeed the problem that keeps AutoSSL failing?
b) How can I fix this?

Thank you SOOO much for every single piece of help here! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm not too much of an expert (gosh, I'm a noob, and I'm lost af..), but I tried to dig down the hole a bit, and I was wondering if the problem lies here:
* Before using "bluehost", my friend has had a contract with the domain provider "IONOS", and the ipv6-address above still points to some IONOS-server, instead of bluehost..
That's exactly the issue - all the DNS for the domain would need to point to your server before AutoSSL will issue the certificate. You'd have to update the DNS where that is being managed, which I see is the following nameservers:

ns1020.ui-dns.org
ns1040.ui-dns.biz
ns1045.ui-dns.de
ns1063.ui-dns.com