The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AutoSSL not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sp3ctre69, Aug 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. sp3ctre69

sp3ctre69 Well-Known Member

I have just enabled AutoSSL (Comondo) on two of my servers but it appears to not be working. I enabled it on a single user and then checked that user, looked at the logs and got the following:

Log for the AutoSSL run for “user”: Tuesday, August 9, 2016 10:18:49 PM GMT+0100 (cPanel (powered by Comodo))
    10:18:49 PM This system has AutoSSL set to use “cPanel (powered by Comodo)”.
    10:18:49 PM Checking websites for “user” …
    10:18:49 PM The website “domain.co.uk”, owned by “user”, has no SSL certificate. AutoSSL will attempt to obtain a new certificate and install it.
    10:18:49 PM The system will attempt to renew SSL certificates for the following websites:
    10:18:49 PM domain.co.uk (domain.co.uk www.domain.co.uk)
    10:18:49 PM The system has completed the AutoSSL check for “user”.
    10:18:49 PM The system has finished checking 1 user.

Obviously I have changed the names in the log, but it looked ok to me, but when I go to https://domain.co.uk it doesn't have a certificate.

Am I missing something? I have waited about 20 minutes, so figured it would have happened already if it was going to work.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

It can sometimes take up to 48 hours for Comodo to issue the certificate. The following thread explains the entire process:

cPanel & WHM’s AutoSSL/SSL ordering process

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

3. sp3ctre69

sp3ctre69 Well-Known Member

I see now, thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I think where I got confused is I expected to have the certificate created at the time, like I am used to with LetsEncrypt. It's no big deal, but when I clicked on the check user button then looked in the logs it seemed to suggest there was nothing wrong. Would it be possible for the log to detail that the request has been made but it is in "awaiting certificate" status? This would make it a bit more clear that there is not necessarily anything the admin needs to do unless it has been over 24-48 hours?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The logs should indicate that it's "processing". The following utility runs every five minutes as part of a cron job to see if a certificate has been processed:

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/autossl_check_cpstore_queue
    Your system will automatically stop attempting to retrieve a certificate after 86400 seconds (1 day), so if it hasn't been issued within this time, it's removed from the queue and you will no longer see the "processing" message.

Thank you.