The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AutoSSL on users cPanel

Discussion in 'Security' started by prixone, Dec 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. prixone

prixone Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've looked around but didn't find anything, perhaps my keywords were weak and some one will point me on the right direction.

1) The AutoSSL is only accessible on the WHM or was there an option for users to select the free SSL options (either COMODO or Let's Encrypt base on your setup) from the cPanel of their accounts?

I know that with market enable, they will see the paid option available, but I am referring to the free options.

2) If I change to Let's Encrypt or stay with COMODO and also use it on my main domain, will it replace the provided cPanel SSL installed on my server services?

Thanks in advance...

2. cPanelChrisI

cPanelChrisI Technical Analyst II
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. prixone

prixone Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for the info Chrisl.

So according to your second link:

If I install a non-autossl certificate to the main domain of an account, and then activate autossl for that account, it will keep the one I installed and will provide ssl for its subdomains which don't have one, etc? Even if the certificate I had installed is also owned by COMODO?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The AutoSSL feature should still attempt to process the remaining domain names under an account in the event it skips the attempt on the primary domain name due to the existence of a preexisting certificate.

You can manually create the AutoSSL request for the account after enabling AutoSSL to see how it works with the following command:

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/autossl_check --user=USERNAME
    Thank you.