AutoSSL options - change via command line

CanSpace

PartnerNOC
Nov 25, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
We have a script we use to deploy / configure new servers and one thing we want to automate are changing the AutoSSL options: The User/Administrator notifications, and the option "Allow AutoSSL to replace invalid or expiring non-AutoSSL certificates."

Where are these options stored when changed? In a file somewhere?

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @CanSpace

Those options are stored in
Code:
/var/cpanel/autossl.json
though I should point out that they're only present if selected. For example on my server I have the following Notifications Selected:

User Notifications:
Notify the user for AutoSSL certificate request failures only.

Administrator Notifications:
Notify the administrator for AutoSSL certificate request failures only.

And I have "Allow AutoSSL to replace invalid or expiring non-AutoSSL certificates." selected

I'm also using the Comodo provider but I have the Let's Encrypt provider installed:

Code:
cat autossl.json
cat autossl.json
{"provider":"cPanel","provider_properties":{"LetsEncrypt":{"terms_of_service_accepted":"https://acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/terms"}},"_schema_version":1,"metadata":{"notify_autossl_renewal_coverage_reduced":"1","notify_autossl_renewal_coverage_reduced_user":"1","notify_autossl_renewal_coverage":"1","notify_autossl_expiry_user":"1","notify_autossl_expiry":"1","notify_autossl_renewal":"0","notify_autossl_expiry_coverage_user":"1","notify_autossl_renewal_uncovered_domains_user":"0","clobber_externally_signed":"1","notify_autossl_renewal_coverage_user":"1","notify_autossl_renewal_user":"0","notify_autossl_expiry_coverage":"1","notify_autossl_renewal_uncovered_domains":"0"}}