The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AutoSSL Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by verdon, Aug 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. verdon

verdon Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is there any ability to choose what domain the ssl will be issued for? For instance, when I fist saw the message in my who about free ssl generation, it was referencing the cryptic default hostname issued by my data centre when I ordered the server (eg. xyz1237644.myserver.com). I have since updated the servers hostname (eg. hostname.myserver.com), but even then, I use a sub-drain I have setup for years for shared ssl for my clients (eg. secure.myserver.com). So, what domain will the auto ssl be generated for, and can I specify that it be for one of my choosing?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Your server will automatically order and install the free signed certificate for the updated hostname when the server runs the /usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkallsslcerts tool as part of the upcp maintenance script and connects to the license server.

The free signed certificate is only generated if no existing SSL certificate exists, or if the existing certificate matches one of the following conditions:

The Manage AutoSSL document also offers some useful information on this feature. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you.