The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AutoSSL Question

Discussion in 'Security' started by Spruce, May 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Spruce

Spruce Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi everyone,

I have recently migrated over to a new server using Cpanel. I do like the AUTOSSL feature, however have run into a couple small issues as I migrate. Obviously not all domains were pointing at the new server all at once, so while it has been scanning the domains it hasn't been able to verify a few.

Once all DNS records are correct it's happy and attempts to issue the certificate.

I have one domain in particular that is now fully migrated however it is still showing a self signed certificate instead of a Cpanel issued cert.

What sort of time delay is there normally with this switching itself over, or alternatively is there a way to manually force it to overwrite the self signed cert?

Any info would be great!

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

If the domain is not pointing to your server, it will not consider it. If you want to do this faster, you can lower down the TTL of the A record of the domain, so it propagates and points quickly to the new server..

3. Spruce

Spruce Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hey, thanks for the reply!

I see I totally understand where you're coming from with the TTL's of the DNS records however that wasn't the issue.

During migration I needed to obviously stage some of the records. Once I was satisfied, all records were pointed at the cpanel server and all systems go.

The server would correctly scan the records and say that all was Well, however it wasn't replacing the self signed cert with a cpanel/comodo cert.

The only way I was able to rectify this was to delete the domain and account, re add the lot and it would pull the signed cert, but this seems like an impractical work around.

Any other thoughts??

#3 Spruce, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You can browse to "WHM >> Manage AutoSSL" to verify the AutoSSL feature is enabled for the account. If so, the "/usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkallsslcerts" script should automatically install the signed certificate during the nightly upcp maintenance. Otherwise, you can use the following command to initiate the AutoSSL process for a specific user:

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/autossl_check --user $username
    Thank you.