In Progress AutoSSL renewal problem

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I did speak with the team that works with Apache and AutoSSL to make them aware of that, so it has been passed along to the right people. I'm not sure I'll really have other updates to report on this, but it's always a good idea to keep an eye on the change logs to see when new features and updates get implemented.

Reactions: internetfab

GoWilkes

Sep 26, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Just adding my name to the list... I've been getting an error on the renewal the cert for my server's main domain since at least January 21 (probably longer, I was just deleting the emails). Now the cert expires on Feb 10 and it's still not being renewed.

I just now changed it to LE, it will auto-run tonight and hopefully fix it. But this is a temporary solution for me, as the LE limit is too low for me.

This is the 3rd or 4th time I've had this issue since SSL became a requirement, so the suggestion of being able to set a backup provider is excellent...

Mr.Novo

Apr 9, 2017
Istanbul
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Its kinda necessary from now on. Having a default SSL provider and option to try with other provider.

I now installed LE provider but i hesitate swithcing. I'm not sure if LE gonna try to replace all valid certs and make things worst.

Does it try to replace valid certs once it runs AutoSSL check for all users ?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Let's Encrypt will only replace certificates that need it. There is also this option, which is not checked by default, that tells AutoSSL not to worry about certificates it did not issue:

simz8

Registered
Feb 17, 2022
Greece
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I am having a problem with SSL autorenewal from cPanel (powered by Sectigo).
Specifically the renewal for several of my domains failed last night and are still at the pending queue. I tried clearing the queue and rerunning the request but fails again.
For one of my domains i was forced to buy and install manually a wildcard certificate.
I can figure out there is a known issue with cPanel (powered by Sectigo).
Do you propose a solution? I am not able to pay 100euros for each domain i have just because of Sectigo.
P.S. I am not able to use Let's encrypt because i have an old Cpanel / WHM version. We will update at some point but not yet.

Do you propose any steps to solve the issue? Because in the following days some of the domain's certificate will also expire.
Thank you in advance.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@simz8 - did they fail due to a certain issue or were you getting the "can't process this request" error? If there was an issue, our team is happy to check that out through a ticket. If it's the Sectigo processing problem, my only recommendation would be to switch to Let's Encrypt.

What cPanel version are you using where that isn't an option?

rainboy

Mar 2, 2004
Eindhoven
This message is marked as in progress, but the past months we see the following message about every few days

The “cPanel (powered by Sectigo)” provider cannot currently accept incoming requests. The system will try again later.

Note that we do not use or ever used Let's Encrypt; so all certificates where cPanel Sectigo certificates, and should have been replaced automatically, but where not. This happens on multiple servers, at random. Can't really put a finger on it, except that it gives that error message and clients create tickets because their website is not working.

Is there any news on this issue? is this a different issue ?

Reactions: nlaruelle