Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SOLVED AutoSSL stuck in pending

Discussion in 'Security' started by uk01, Jun 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. uk01

uk01 Well-Known Member

it looks like this issue has returned, we have a domain which doesn't point to us, the client only points www. to us.

The site has gone down at midnight tonight, not connecting as the certificate has failed - it shows as pending since Jun 8, 2018

This is going to happen alot as there are also other clients who only have mail. with us or a website on a sub domain but they choose to host their main website on another server.

2. uk01

uk01 Well-Known Member

you can go to /var/cpanel and rename the autossl_queue_cpanel.sqlite - add .old to the end, then run /usr/local/cpanel/bin/autossl_check_cpstore_queue

3. uk01

uk01 Well-Known Member

I went to /var/cpanel and rename the autossl_queue_cpanel.sqlite - add .old to the end, then run /usr/local/cpanel/bin/autossl_check_cpstore_queue

Then ran autossl again, but tit comes back with the message
    This is stupid, it's downtime plus more admin time at 2am! The client will ultimately blame us for downtime.

AutoSSL last ran on June 13, 2018.
    Expired on June 12, 2018. The certificate will renew via AutoSSL when the parent domain “{main domain}” renews.

4. Jcats

Jcats Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    What version are you running, I cannot reproduce it.

Tested on a server running v70.0.48, it issued the proxy subdomains fine while ignoring the root domain which points else where.

You might also want to post the autossl logs for the domain in case its not related.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. uk01

uk01 Well-Known Member

Same version here, I've now deleted the existing certificates, deleted the pending queue and run autossl again

2:15:17 AM Checking “domain.com” …
    2:15:17 AM User-excluded domains: 2 (domain.com, mail.domain)
    ERROR TLS Status: Defective
    ERROR Defect: NO_SSL: No SSL certificate is installed.
    AutoSSL will request a new certificate.
    2:15:17 AM The system will attempt to renew the SSL certificate for the website (domain.com: www.domain.com).
    2:15:19 AM The system has completed the AutoSSL check for “user”.

It's now sitting in the pending queue again and in cpanel it says:

AutoSSL last ran on June 13, 2018.
    No certificate available. AutoSSL will attempt to secure the domain when the parent domain “domain.com” renews.

Thanks for your help!

6. Jcats

Jcats Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Just as a test, can you log into that cPanel account and INCLUDE both of those excluded domains and then run AutoSSL again and repaste the log.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. uk01

uk01 Well-Known Member

I excluded to try and get it to work.

I was just typing a support email to Cpanel when believe it or not, it just issued a certificate!

Now I can go to bed at 3am!

Thank you for helping

8. uk01

uk01 Well-Known Member

Noooooo, I was looking at the wrong domain, this one is still not working.

The other domain interestly is another one with just a sub domain.
    I'll try including those again and post logs shortly.

9. uk01

uk01 Well-Known Member

Log for the AutoSSL run for “user”: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 3:11:58 AM GMT+0100 (cPanel (powered by Comodo))
    3:11:58 AM AutoSSL’s configured provider is “cPanel (powered by Comodo)”.
    Checking websites for “user” …
    3:11:58 AM Checking “domain.com” …
    3:11:58 AM ERROR TLS Status: Defective
    ERROR Defect: NO_SSL: No SSL certificate is installed.
    WARN Local DCV error (domain.com): “domain.com” does not resolve to any IPv4 addresses on the internet.
    WARN Local DCV error (mail.domain.com): “mail.domain.com” does not resolve to any IPv4 addresses on the internet.
    AutoSSL will request a new certificate.
    3:11:58 AM The system will attempt to renew the SSL certificate for the website (domain.com: www.domain.com).
    The provider “cPanel (powered by Comodo)”’s AutoSSL queue already contains a request for a certificate for “user”’s website “domain.com”. The request’s start time is Jun 13, 2018, 1:15:04 AM UTC and its last poll time is Jun 13, 2018, 2:11:02 AM UTC.
    3:11:58 AM The system has completed the AutoSSL check for “hbrooksch”.

10. Jcats

Jcats Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hmm weird, honestly we switched to LetsEncrypt a while back as I saw a lot more issues with cPanel's Comodo:

Code:
    /scripts/install_lets_encrypt_autossl_provider
    its easy to install, would be curious to see if the same issue occurs, just to see if the underlying issue is with "AutoSSL" or with the provider.

11. uk01

uk01 Well-Known Member

Thanks, it does seem it was a stuck request. Cpanel reissued the request and it installed straight away.

Shame noone pays me for middle of the night support because of a stuck request!!

Really appreciate your help and I'll keep this thread incase I need the lets encrypt you mentioned.

Cheers

12. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @uk01,

I moved these posts into their own thread. I'm glad to see the issue is now solved. Note that it appears there were some recent issues on Comodo's side where the AutoSSL certificates remained pending. Comodo has since solved the issue.

Thank you.