AutoSSL stuck in pending

LynnApp

Aug 2, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have been trying to get an auto SSL to go. I have removed pending and all certs for the domain now it seems clean but is now just pending again. I know it says up to 48 hours but it is making that customer go bonkers.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

Based on the output from the error message you initially sent in I found that the certificate is currently in pending status with Sectigo Awaiting Validation (Full) - this is a known issue with Sectigo Occurring over the last few days. They are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it.

I've added this thread to the tracking case but in order to resolve this you'd need to open a ticket with our support team so that they can request the certificate for you via comodo. Alternatively, you can use the Let's Encrypt provider while this is occurring.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

The last update from the analyst shows you how to do this were you able to get this resolved?

You can resolve the issue by enabling the following setting within SSL/TLS » Manage AutoSSL:

Allow AutoSSL to replace invalid or expiring non-AutoSSL certificates.
This option will allow AutoSSL to replace certificates that the AutoSSL system did not issue. When you enable this option, AutoSSL will install certificates that replace users’ CA-issued certificates if they are invalid or expire within 3 days.
Unless you fully understand this option, do not select it, because the system could unexpectedly replace an expiring or invalid EV or OV certificate with a DV certificate.