cPanel 88.0.5

RestoMetrix

Registered
Apr 16, 2020
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello cPanel community,

I'm just started with cPanel and I'm using an AWS instance as a server. I'm a web designer and I'll sell hosting to my clients.
Do I need also a private subnet on AWS with a second instance in order for the cPanel to operate correctly?

Kind Regards.
Ioannis

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
You shouldn't need either, what would you need a second instance for? (that's not meant to sound rude I'm curious more so about why you might believe would be necessary in case I'm missing anything)

ZenHostingTravis

PartnerNOC
May 22, 2020
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello cPanel community,

I'm just started with cPanel and I'm using an AWS instance as a server. I'm a web designer and I'll sell hosting to my clients.
Do I need also a private subnet on AWS with a second instance in order for the cPanel to operate correctly?

Kind Regards.
Ioannis
Do you have a lot of websites to host from that VPS?

If not, you may want to a consider a reseller hosting account instead.

RestoMetrix

Registered
Apr 16, 2020
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You shouldn't need either, what would you need a second instance for? (that's not meant to sound rude I'm curious more so about why you might believe would be necessary in case I'm missing anything)
I just thinking about the "public files" and the non-public, like attachments, crons, downloads. Does cPanel separate safely those files in one instance or needs one for the public files and one for the privates? If it's not necessary then better because it's less cost.

RestoMetrix

Registered
Apr 16, 2020
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Very nice. Thanks for the information.

All the years that I'm doing this job I used the GoDaddy, and I didn't have to care about the technical part of hosting.
I see now that I have a lot of things to learn about AWS, WHM, and cPanel.

Thank you guys for the help you are providing.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
There is a lot to learn, and we're here to help, don't hesitate to ask if you need it! We also have detailed documentation that you may want to use especially if you're new to the WHM side WHM | cPanel & WHM Documentation