Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Awstats 6.4 & Security

Discussion in 'Security' started by sh4ka, Sep 27, 2005.

1. sh4ka

sh4ka Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I know in some versions of Awstats there can be found exploits that may compromise the server... I just need to know it the last stable version ( 6.4 ) is enough secure and don't have this kind of bugs.

thkz!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If you're talking about the cPanel installed version, then AFAIK, yes. Since awstats.pl cannot be run unless you're actually logged into a cPanel account and apparently cPanel don't use the modules that have recently had exploits published, it should be OK.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sh4ka

sh4ka Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    No, I'm talking about to install Awstats form the source (awstats.org).

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Ah. No idea then. I would have hoped that the latest versions should be OK :) A good idea is subscribing yourself to the BugTraq and VulnWatch mailing lists over at http://www.securityfocus.com/ if you aren't already. Or you can use their RSS feeds if you use that.