The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

awstats addon domains not updating anymore

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamesbond, Oct 16, 2004.

1. jamesbond

jamesbond Well-Known Member

Awstats appears not to be updating anymore with addon domains.
    Last updates are Oct 13

Anyone else experience the same issue?

2. SonServers

SonServers Well-Known Member

I've just noticed this today as well on my server's AWstats for subdomains. I'm running FreeBSD and updated to Cpanel 9.9.2-S9. Since the update, AWstats are not updating on subdomains (three days now). They still work on the main domains fine.

When I click on "update now" for any domain's subdomain stats, I get this error:

- - - Begin Copy - - -
    Error: Plugin load for plugin 'geoipfree' failed with return code: Error: Can't locate Memoize.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/BSDPAN /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1 . ./lib ./plugins ./plugins) at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Geo/IPfree.pm line 22. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Geo/IPfree.pm line 22. Compilation failed in require at (eval 1) line 1.

Setup ('/usr/home/username/tmp/awstats/awstats.subdomain.username.com.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
    Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).
    - - - End Copy - - -

Is anyone else seeing this and/or have an easy fix?
    Thanks.

Edit/Update
    I was later able to fix my own problem. I found the "Memoize.pm" file it was complaining about in the ports and installed it. That seems to have cleared up the problem with my subdomain stats. I don't have any add on domains so I can not confirm that.

#2 SonServers, Oct 17, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2004
  3. nickn

nickn Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

It'd be helpful if you put a bug report in for this. cPanel uses the geoip module if it's available, but it doesn't check for this additional module.

4. jamesbond

jamesbond Well-Known Member

I have the same error ( 9.2.2 S8 - RH7.3 - Perl 5.6.1 ) I'm not sure how to add the missing module though.

Error: Plugin load for plugin 'geoipfree' failed with return code: Error: Can't locate Memoize.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl . ./lib ./plugins ./plugins) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Geo/IPfree.pm line 22. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Geo/IPfree.pm line 22. Compilation failed in require at (eval 1) line 1.

Setup ('/home/user/tmp/awstats/awstats.addon.domain.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
    Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).

UPDATE: Installing the perl module 'Memoize' through the 'install a perl module' feature in WHM solved the issue for me as well.

#4 jamesbond, Oct 18, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  5. HostIt

HostIt Well-Known Member

Solution: Install Perl Module "Memoize"
    Can be done via WHM - "Install a Perl Module"

6. wineo

wineo Active Member

Thanks, that seemed to do the trick for me! :)

7. Webhost Profess

Webhost Profess Registered

/scripts/runweblogs username :D

8. gordita

gordita Well-Known Member

All my domains give that error for Awstats

All my domains give that error for Awstats when I run /scripts/runweblogs username

Any suggestions?

9. HostIt

HostIt Well-Known Member

The answer has already been mentioned:

10. damainman

damainman Well-Known Member

Off-Topic:

How would one actually view just the stats of a add-on domain or a subdomain? Currently I see how to view the stats for the main account which basically has all the folders,etc.. but how would i view a particular add-on domain?

Thank you.

11. nzservers

nzservers Well-Known Member

digging up the past :P

I just had this same error on a rh 7 box so I installed memoise and that seemed to fix it but subdomain stats for awstats are not being updated. checking other servers I find the same thing, zero stats for subdomains for awstats only.
    have tried /scripts/fixsubdomainlogs and /scripts/runweblogs but still no change.

any ideas?