The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AWSTATS - Broke For 1 Site

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ToddW, Sep 23, 2004.

1. ToddW

ToddW Well-Known Member

AWSTATS Stopped working Mid August for one of my sites, and hasn't worked at all in Sept.

Other sites using AWSTATS on the same server are working fine. There is plenty disk space in the account as well.

No Error Messages when I go into AWSTATS, just no data...
    I have tried FixAll, I have updated cPanel during this time too. I have also disabled/enabled AWSTATS... Nothing is fixing it.

Any suggestions?

2. exodux

exodux Well-Known Member

I've had this problem before with a client who is still with me. he's been a client for almost 6 months and then awstats stopped working for him but all other stats were fine. i just recommended to him backing up the account for him as well as him backing up his account using the cpanel feature incase my backup missed anything.

then removed his account and recreated it and awstats started working again for him.
    might be along process deleting and creating the account as well as all the email accounts, but it adventually got him into a happy mood again. :cool:

3. Mysteerie

Mysteerie Well-Known Member

I had the same problem, what I found out to be the problem was that under Tweak Settings, under Stats and Logs.

There is a setting:

The load average above the number of cpus at which logs file processing should be suspended (default 0):

I set that to 10, and they started working again.

4. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Ouch.. i'd probably not recommend what the above use has.. thats just not right.

I've seen this recently with an account. Within the users home dir, they were missing the tmp dir within /home/username/. I was able to recreate the folders and awstats conf file required, but it might just be best to backup and restore. I have a feeling this may have been a quirk in one of the cpanel releases, and has since been fixed.

5. ToddW

ToddW Well-Known Member

Deleting the site and re-creating it isn't an option, the site is made up of over 1gb of files.

The load may be the problem, I will look into this.

Beau - Ya bugger! You better help me :P ICQ ME :eek:

6. ToddW

ToddW Well-Known Member

Setting to 10 didn't help/fix the problem.

If I click the update button in the browser for the site I get the following error.

Warning: HostAliases parameter is not defined, awstats choose "DOMAIN.com localhost 127.0.0.1".

Domain.com is my site's domain... :confused: :confused:

7. NNNils

NNNils Well-Known Member

stats will also can get broken when users are exceeding or did exceed their disk quota

8. ToddW

ToddW Well-Known Member

The problem is fixed, the log file got to large and just stopped updating. Once I removed the log file it started updating again. But yes you are correct that is also another reason.