The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

awstats BrowsersSearchIDOrder browsers.pm error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scollins, Jun 3, 2005.

1. scollins

scollins Active Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Does anyone have a fix for this error?

Error: Not same number of records of BrowsersSearchIDOrder (96 entries) and BrowsersHashIDLib (97 entries without msie and netscape) in Browsers database. Check your file ./lib/browsers.pm

Setup ('/home/username/tmp/awstats/awstats.domain.com.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
    Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).

If you add 'firefox', to the top of the BrowsersSearchIDOrder list in the browsers.pm file awstats will display for the user but fails to update anymore with this error:

Error: Not same number of records of BrowsersSearchIDOrder (97 entries) and BrowsersHashIDLib (96 entries without msie,netscape,firefox) in Browsers database. May be you updated AWStats without updating browsers.pm file or you made changed into browsers.pm not correctly. Check your file /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/lib/browsers.pm is up to date.

I've tried updateing the file to:
    # $Revision: 1.42 $ - $Author: eldy $ - $Date: 2005/05/01 02:14:40 $

But I still get the same error :(

I've just opened a support ticket on this as well. I can't be the only one seeing this error.
    cPanel ID# 101507

2. RickG

RickG Well-Known Member

Did you notice the statement at the top of the browsers.pm file which states:

# AWSTATS BROWSERS DATABASE
    #-------------------------------------------------------
    # If you want to add a Browser to extend AWStats database detection capabilities,
    # you must add an entry in BrowsersSearchIDOrder and in BrowsersHashIDLib.

From the error message in your post which suggests the sections of the file are not in sync, and your comment that you added "firefox to the top of the BrowsersSearchIDOrder list in the browsers.pm file," it sounds like you added the entry in one section and not another.

On a side note, what version of AWStats are you running. I'm on 6.3 and my browsers.pm file is showing Revision: 1.39 Date: 2005/01/15 14:12:39 and Firefox shows up on all reports.
    Why would this be cPanel's issue? They do not develop the AWStats package. See http://www.awstats.org/

#2 RickG, Jun 3, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2005