The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

awstats configuration file

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shamen, Aug 26, 2004.

1. shamen

shamen Registered

Apr 15, 2004
    Hi there,
    A lot of my clients store audio files on their hosting space.
    If end users stream these files over HTTP directly into their audio client, but dont download the whole file (for example, if they only listen to half of the audio file), Apache generates a HTTP 206 (partial content) in the domlogs.

This shows up in Awstats as "Traffic not viewed" - which my clients find confusing, especially when over 90% of their bandwidth limit is used and their stats tell them the traffic is "not viewed".

From what I can gather, each users Awstats run takes the configuration file from /usr/local/cpanel/etc/awstats.conf and then modifies it relative to the user in question and places the modified conf file in /home/<user>/tmp/awstats.

I have modified /usr/local/cpanel/etc/awstats.conf to contain the following line several times now:

ValidHTTPCodes="200 304 206"

Unfortunately, every time there is an update from cpanel via upcp the /usr/local/cpanel/etc/awstats.conf config file seems to get overwritten and the ValidHTTPCodes line changes back to

ValidHTTPCodes="200 304"

Would it be possible to get the HTTP code 206 (partial content) added to the master awstats config file sent out with the cpanel distro/updates? This code is not only valid for music streaming via HTTP, but also things such as resumable downloads, or downloading multiple parts of the same file from different servers.

Many thanks for your help.

Kind Regards
    Simon Newton
    #1 shamen, Aug 26, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2004