The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awstats for ONE single user -- HOW ?

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by furquan, Mar 15, 2012.

1. furquan

furquan Well-Known Member

Hello all,

My apologies if I have posted in the wrong section.

Can anybody guide me as to, how can I enable Awstats or any other stats program from within WHM for one single user ?

Appreciate your replies

Thank you

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello furquan,

In WHM > Server Configuration > Statistics Software Configuration area under Generators Configuration section, uncheck "Active by default" for Awstats and check "Available to users" for Awstats. Click the "Save" button there.

In that same area, click on "Choose Users" button under User Permissions area, then select the user in question and click the "Add" button.

What the above options will do is allow the user to select Awstats in cPanel > Choose Log Program area. All other users will be locked out from selecting Awstats. Since they cannot select Awstats and it isn't active by default, no other account would have it available.

Thanks!

3. furquan

furquan Well-Known Member

Tristan,

Thank you so much for the prompt response, This is what I have done, But I still see the "Awstat" icon in the rest of the users control panel,

Can you please explain why is that ?

Thank you once again!!!

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Since it is available but not active by default, you would likely still show the icon in cPanel. I suggest going to WHM > Packages > Feature Manager and creating a feature list for that one account that needs Awstats with "Awstats Stats" checked in it. After moving that user's account to the new feature list, then change the default feature list to have "Awstats Stats" unchecked. This would remove the icon from the other accounts' cPanel.