The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awstats modification

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Apoc, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Apoc

Apoc Active Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    As of recently we have started to use a monitoring service on a website and that monitoring service is visiting the website every minute, which equals roughly 45,000 pageviews per month. This is of course affecting the statistics, and we are looking for a way to exclude those visits from the statistics in order to get more accurate stats.

These pageviews are all redirected from the website of the monitoring service and are showing in "Links from an external page (other web sites except search engines)". Does anyone know whether there's any easy way to exclude these visits?

If that's not possible with AWstats, does anyone know whether there's any easy way to do it with an other application (urchin for instance)?

Thank you.

2. RickG

RickG Well-Known Member

Geez ... have you read through any of the AWStats documentation at http://www.awstats.org/ ?

It's as simple as adding the SkipHosts="" directive into your AWStats conf file.

The cPanel related issue is whether you make this entry in the master conf file which will effect all domains, or if you need this change for one domain only. This thread may be of help: http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=38605

3. Apoc

Apoc Active Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    What's the "geez" all about? I'm merely asking for some advice here. I did actually read that at awstats.org, but since awstats is in this case fully integrated into cPanel I wasn't sure whether it works the same, hence I'm asking for advice here.

Thank you for that thread referral, I'll have a look at that.