The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AWStats not running

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jagfly, Aug 12, 2005.

1. jagfly

jagfly Registered

Mar 7, 2004
    I can't seem to get awstats to run. I have searched high and low in this forum and tried all the suggested remedies and nothing seems to work.

Here's the facts:

AWStats is selected under Stats Programs within WHM Tweak Settings. Webelizer is also selected. This server also runs Urchin Stats

Each user has a tmp directory and within that temp directory are directories for all the stats programs. The temp directory is 755 and the awstats directory is also 755

Inside the awstats directory is nothing. No conf file. Nada.

When running stats manually from shell there is no mention of awstats in the output. No is there any mention of awstats in the stats_log.

All other stats work fine.

I have tried running all the usual hacks like runweblogs, fixwebalizer, runlogsnow. I have attempted to delete the tmp directory and waited a few days and still nothing appears in the awstats directory. As one user suggested as a fix, I unchecked awstats, ran upcp, then rechecked awstats and ran upcp, and waited a few days to see if it took. Nothing works.

I am running WHM 10.1.0 cPanel 10.2.0-R82 RedHat Enterprise 3 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

Interestingly enough I have a pretty much identical server running the same versions and awstats work flawlessly on that system.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Go on, have a guess
    Do you have the WHM addon module statselect installed? If so, is AwStats selected and enabled for the account(s). If you don't have it installed, ignore me :)
  3. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

Mar 9, 2015
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    The stats manager is now built in for EDGE and CURRENT users, so that might be a place to check as well.